Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree notarisation

Options
  • 13-11-2019 3:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 13

My friend wants to get a job abroad and has to get their degree notarised. The thing is, her degree is fake! I've been telling her that she can't go to the embassy and other places with a fake degree. She says that they just stamp it and don't check if it's real. Is she right? Surely they have to check it out before authenticating it? What happens to her if they do see it's fake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The Dept if Foreign Affairs is involved if it’s an apostille or legalisation process. They verify the document of public universities and colleges by reference to the samples provided to them by the institution. I have done this for a cousin working abroad on a number of occasions. Even if it was a genuine document with a name changed, I would expect them to challenge it. If it’s just some roughed up version, I wish her good fortune. Criminal sanctions can apply to the forgery of documents.

• Site Banned Posts: 13 readyohyeah

Marcusm wrote: »
    The Dept if Foreign Affairs is involved if it’s an apostille or legalisation process. They verify the document of public universities and colleges by reference to the samples provided to them by the institution. I have done this for a cousin working abroad on a number of occasions. Even if it was a genuine document with a name changed, I would expect them to challenge it. If it’s just some roughed up version, I wish her good fortune. Criminal sanctions can apply to the forgery of documents.

That's what I thought. She said that she knows two people who have done it and they say they had no issue. The people in the department are less than thorough was what she was told. Did you see them checking the degree against a sample?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

My friend wants to get a job abroad and has to get their degree notarised. The thing is, her degree is fake!

I hope her fake degree isn't in medicine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Thread closed as the OP is banned. If on the offchance anyone thinks this is a good idea, passing off a fake degree as genuine by having it notarised / apostilled / blessed is not a good idea and criminal behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement