Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premiership Rugby 2019-20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

For next season though. This season is a write off regardless, I think it had been clarified that the rule hadn't been updated with the correct wording so it's only next season that applies to them if they're back up for promotion
    The point being that if they were over the cap this season, Williams wouldn't have counted anyway. So his going earlier makes no difference to the cap this season or next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

More starting to come out about Ashton's departure from Sale, BBC reporting it was due to a "difference in opinion with Diamond" https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51725686

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Harlequins have confirmed the signing of Chris Ashton.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1235170472905633792?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭clsmooth

London Irish kicking off now. SOB starting at 6. On Rugby Pass if anyone has it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Wins a turnover after 12mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Now a great quality game, lots of mistakes.

O Brien is such a bollox on the pitch, gas stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Is Jackson injured or out of favour? Haven't seen him for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Terrible teams, Leinster would put 50 on either.

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Is Jackson injured or out of favour? Haven't seen him for a while.

Injured, got a knock before Christmas and hasn't been back since. Very little updates from what I can see

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sean went off after 49 mins.... Was it just tactical??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sean went off after 49 mins.... Was it just tactical??

He hasn't played in 10 months, he must have been exhausted

Thought he went well enough. Made a few cover tackles, slowed down a good bit of ball, got at least one turnover but a second strong jackal spilled the ball for another player later in the first half.

Given how long he's been out it was a good nuts and bolts performance, more to come no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Premiership suspended until April 26th.

European season statement due shortly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Premiership rugby is now the last man standing in England. The RFU have cancelled the season for all levels of rugby in England below the Premiership. But they say that they are in discussions with the Premiership clubs, so that could go too.

Billy V staying at saracens

Burkie1203 wrote: »

The CVC deal was done in December 2018, they got £13.5m each, but I'd imagine that money is long gone/re-invested, especially considering most of the clubs are running at a loss before all of their revenue stopped dead in the tracks.

I can see where they're coming from but I think it's madness if they genuinely think the clubs will be able to keep paying them their full salary for the next couple of months without any income and pull through at the end of it. This has the potential to push clubs over the edge financially, particularly the likes of Wasps who were looking at a £12m loss last year if not for the CVC money plus a boost from their owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Newcastle promoted.

• Advertisement

Jonny May gone back to Gloucester.

Bit of a head scratcher, they have Ollie Thornley and Louis Rees-Zammit as two extremely promising players who are under contract for a while, they extended Tom Marshall two months ago, and they've got Banahan and Sharples too.

Assuming it's a big money signing, for a player who doesn't really produce much at club level.

Tompkins off to Dragons for 1 season and Isiekwe off to Saints

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1265731337006309378?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Assuming it's a big money signing, for a player who doesn't really produce much at club level.

Very harsh, for me.

May has been a one man attack for Leicester in some matches where his test team mates have seemed largely disinterested. He has comfotably outshone the likes of Ford, Youngs and Tuilagi for them. 18 tries in 24 matches between this season and last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I don’t see how Saracens will be under the cap for their first season back up with all these players only going on one year loans? They’ve only really cut 3 players I think permanently. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Kruis and Goode come back after a year in Japan. And I’ve seen today they’ve signed an international 9 for the Championship!

I see Itoje posted a photo yesterday on twitter of them winning the Prem last year. What are people’s thought on him posting something like that? I would’ve thought he’d be a bit embarrassed about winning considering what’s happened, but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Tompkins off to Dragons for 1 season and Isiekwe off to Saints

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1265731337006309378?s=19

What's that, like, Itoje and Kpoku in the row then against Leinster if the quarter-final goes ahead?

Not quite as intimidating as with Skelton or Kruis in there.

I don’t see how Saracens will be under the cap for their first season back up with all these players only going on one year loans? They’ve only really cut 3 players I think permanently. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Kruis and Goode come back after a year in Japan. And I’ve seen today they’ve signed an international 9 for the Championship!

I see Itoje posted a photo yesterday on twitter of them winning the Prem last year. What are people’s thought on him posting something like that? I would’ve thought he’d be a bit embarrassed about winning considering what’s happened, but seemingly not.

Skelton, Kruis, Liam Williams and Lamositele alone should free up about £1m from their wage bill. They weren't multiple millions over the cap. Once they trim 4 or 5 big names such as the above, they're fine.

Skelton, Kruis, Liam Williams and Lamositele alone should free up about £1m from their wage bill. They weren't multiple millions over the cap. Once they trim 4 or 5 big names such as the above, they're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Buer wrote: »

Kruis will be back no doubt. Then guys like Earl and Mallins will be getting increases coming into their prime and then they’ve brought in Aled Davies.

I don’t know maybe they were just over it but I don’t see how they can nearly field an international 15 and bench when nobody else in the prem is anywhere near that. People are looking at Bristol now but if you actually look at their first 23, some people wouldn’t ever have heard of 5/6 of them.

Kruis will be back no doubt. Then guys like Earl and Mallins will be getting increases coming into their prime and then they’ve brought in Aled Davies.

I don’t know maybe they were just over it but I don’t see how they can nearly field an international 15 and bench when nobody else in the prem is anywhere near that. People are looking at Bristol now but if you actually look at their first 23, some people wouldn’t ever have heard of 5/6 of them.

They were £900k over the cap last season. This was highlighted in the report. They will comfortably be inside that with the departures. This doesn't include the expected retirees like Wigglesworth.

• Advertisement

Advertisement