Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injury Board - assessment of multiple injuries

Options
  • 10-11-2019 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

So I was involved in a car accident in March where my car was rear ended quite badly. I was diagnosed in an ER and my doctors as being symptomatic of whiplash in my neck, I also had an MRI which showed a herniated disc which impinged on my sciatic nerve and caused my real pain for around three months but continues to bother me now.

My question is this, I know the injury board will asses my claim as a whole but using the book of quantum for a reference should I assume it’s two injuries both neck and back or how will it be viewed.

I appreciate any insight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It both injuries will be taken into account when making a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nickyc1

_Brian wrote: »
    It both injuries will be taken into account when making a recommendation.

So when using the book of quantum to I refer to both a back injury and Neck injury separately? Sorry just wanted clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Nickyc1 wrote: »
    So when using the book of quantum to I refer to both a back injury and Neck injury separately? Sorry just wanted clarification

No, it wii be assessed as a combined neck and back injury. The book of quantum is only a guide. If there are multible injuries it will be assessed accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nickyc1

No, it wii be assessed as a combined neck and back injury. The book of quantum is only a guide. If there are multible injuries it will be assessed accordingly

Thank you

Advertisement