Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land transfer

Options
  • 06-11-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

My father inherited land and bog back in the 60s.
    My neighbour purchased the land , 2 acre field. The bog was not sold, my father's father was executor of the will, and probate was granted to him, who would of signed the contract of sale to the neighbour, the executor or beneficiary, also registration was not carried out on the bogland, the solicitor past away at the time and stamp duty and registration fees were paid but he got no receipt of proof of payment, how is registration possible now when the executor is deceased,

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    You need to consult a solicitor on this problem
    The solicitor would check if the bog was just a right of turbary or separate portion of land.
    If the former ( turbary right ) it normally remains attached to the house on the holding in the absence of Land Commission consent to separate it

Advertisement