Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work/laptop friendly hotels and cafes in city

Options
  • 06-11-2019 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I will be doing a half day of work from home on Fridays for the next few weeks and without any office space in our house I'm hoping to find a few cafes or hotels that are laptop friendly.

Can anyone suggest any?

Thanks!

Comments

In the absence of a home office You would be better off working at your kitchen table than in a cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

Any of the chain coffee shops I have found to be decent as you have steady wifi and power outlets. As for hotels, the house hotel is decent enough for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Would the public library suffice or do you need that coffee?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Ardilaun hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In the absence of a home office You would be better off working at your kitchen table than in a cafe.

That depends who else is in the kitchen!

The Imperial is surprisingly good for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Thanks folks!

It doesn't do me any good, but I noticed that The Clayton has a business area to the left of reception that would be absolutely perfect for working at - far better than anywhere else I've seen in the city. Maybe that'll be of use to someone reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

You could sign up for the Bank of Ireland workbench on Mainguard Street. You do not need to be a customer and is free to use.
    https://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/campaigns/bank-of-ireland-workbench/welcome-to-22-mainguard-street-branch/

Another option would be one of the other coworking spaces where hot desks can be rented by the day €25-€30 per day plus free coffee
    https://portershed.com/page-membership.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hi all,

I will be doing a half day of work from home on Fridays for the next few weeks and without any office space in our house I'm hoping to find a few cafes or hotels that are laptop friendly.

Can anyone suggest any?

Thanks!
    If you are close to Moycullen

Soma Co-working work space, open 24/7 payment on a contribution bases.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bredabe wrote: »
    If you are close to Moycullen

Soma Co-working work space, open 24/7 payment on a contribution bases.

Location? Contact details? Website? (Yes, I've googled .. nada came back)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

If you are alumni of NUI Galway you can get free alumni access to the library on campus. Small charge to borrow books if you want to. It gets busy around exam time but otherwise has space in silent or quiet areas. WiFi isn’t great, I use my phone hotspot for my laptop when I’m there. https://library.nuigalway.ie/usingthelibrary/accessingthelibrary/#Alumni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

There is a hot desk place above the charity shop in Eyre Sq. think there a similar set up down past Smyths Toys in Headford Rd.

Advertisement