Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Is that US only? I got an email recently that my renewal on 28 December is 89.90. Up on last year. I'll still pay that as I'm getting the value out if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The ad supported option will be available in some areas including the UK but NOT Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I heard on the radio this morning that they will be careful about what ads they will run which is good to hear. Alcohol and betting ads are out.

There's now a "Full length version" of The Muppet Christmas Carol in the extras for the movie. It's a version with the deleted song "The Love is Gone" put back in, which was the original theatrical version I think.

Correction.

The version without the song was what was put out in theatres back in 1992. It was then released on home video with the song and on DVD. But when it came time to upscale the film to modern HD standards, no version of the movie with the song suitable for upscaling could be found so Disney just pressed on with the theatrical version. Obviously it's now been found and brought up to 4K and that's what available in the extras tab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Strange World is arriving next Friday, 23rd December

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Barbarian has been added...really excellent horror best to go in knowing nothing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

Big sky season 3 starts today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Reminder that Banshees of Inisherin arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Menu is coming on January 4. These prompt high profile additions really make Disney+ feel like very good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hi Folks, I haven't read back on this thread, as it is rather large, but has anyone managed to install Disney+ on the Virgin media 360 box, I know there is no app, but the advice from their website says....

"All Virgin Media customers armed with a Virgin TV 360 box can watch Disney+ direct on your telly once you’ve got a subscription to the service. Simply sign up via the Disney+ website, and you can log in on the box.

Because Disney+ is fully integrated into Virgin TV 360, you can search without even going into the app – making it the fastest, smartest way to experience the Disney+ shows and movies you love. Just press Home on the remote and then click to the left to the Search (magnifying glass) icon, and then type in the name of the show they’re looking for, or even easier – use Voice control."

after I have looked for shows, it still asks for a fee..

anyone here successful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Planning on sticking on Muppets Christmas Carol later and looking at the Extras for the Uncut version. I was wondering how is the Uncut version only 2 minutes longer when the song that was cut is 5 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As the 85th anniversary of the first showing of Snow White and the seven dwarfs was two days ago I watched it last night and even with the bringing it up to a higher quality then the original, the amazing talent on show by the animators with no computers still comes through it’s as funny as I remember. I understand that there’s a different way of doing it now, but there’s a warmth in the way this and other Disney films have that imo is lost with modern ways.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Watched the 1st season over the last few days and absolutely loved it. This is top tier stuff across the board. The acting, writing, editing, direction and music all on point. The frenetic pacing reminded me of Uncut Gems, the feeling that everything could fall apart at any minute. I have never seen any of Jeremy Allen White's work before but man did he knock it out of the park. His face was like a window in to the weight of the world he was carrying on his shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Watching Uncut Gems made me feel like i was having a heart attack. Not sure I would survive 6 episodes of that tension

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Finally got Disney set up on my new telly ,the young lad wanted it mainly .I have just watched The viiage and enjoyed it ,any similar type films that would suit me .I just am lost looking at the choice ,it recomened unbreakable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭dublin49

just watched Barbarian ,bit Meh,standard fare ,nothing original IMO

Up to episode 5 of the patient really solid so far Steve Carrell is excellent in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Barbarian is absolutely terrible, one of the worst things I’ve ever witnessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

anybody know why Disney don’t have extended versions of movies? Shouldn’t be that hard to add an extra option when picking a film. Aliens extended edition comes to mind but there’s loads of films where the longer version is better than the theatrical release. I can’t see why they wouldn’t give people the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

wakanda forever is supposedly being released on plus on jan 20th

https://thehollywoodhandle.co/2023/01/01/black-panther-wakanda-forever-disney-date-reveal/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good question. do they have any extended or Director's Cuts?

I watched the extended version of Muppets and since it was in the extras it didn't have a resume when I stopped it and came back to it. Small annoyance, I know but still annoying.

I'd be more upset that I can't download it to keep kids occupied on a back seat tablet on a long drive for Christmas.

Watched "Encanto live at the Hollywood Bowl". No Encanto The Musical has been announced yet, but this hour long show piece of the movies songs looks to me like Lin Manuel Miranda is putting out feelers as to how to bring the show to Broadway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

use your phone as a hotspot and connect the tablet to that.

The Menu has been added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Welcome to Chippendales  is on Disney+ 11th of January 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Anyone watching The Patient on Disney+? According to IMDb there are 10 episodes, but only 7 showing on Disney+.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Most shows on Disney are added one episode a week so should be another one tomorrow I think

Advertisement