Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished Daredevil S3. I thought this was highly enjoyable and maybe my favourite Daredevil season. It was a breath of fresh air after having to struggle through Iron Fist's second season. So good to have a good antagonist again, and not one but two of them. I also liked how they built up the character of Agent Nadeem. The action scenes were well done, and I particularly liked the one with Matt in the prison, as well as the first fight with 'Dex'. Small criticism: I do wish they would have had at least one of the other Defenders check in on Matt since they had been led to believe Daredevil was dead. Interested to see how this show does on Disney when they revive it. I hope they don't stray too far from the atmosphere established.

Nearly finished going through these ex-Netflix shows. Next up is The Punisher S2.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

saw the first episode... good..

is there a thread about this programme, can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thread here. Remember it's for the US Pace so there may be spoilers since the season is finished. I've said before but don't know why they couldn't release all here at once since it is finished since July. I know it's likely to try and keep people subscribed

Only getting stuck into Light and Magic now but it's fantastic insight into the world of Industrial Light & Magic. Strongly recommended for anyone with an interest in visual effects over the past ~50 years.

Post edited by S.M.B. on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Will give this a watch for sure. Use to love the show on UTV as a kid, think it was called lights, camera action or something like that, that showed how the movies were doing FX. Was always amazed by it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the bear arrives oct 5th finally

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Was the show called Movie Magic by any chance? We used to love it in my house as well, but can't be sure that's what it was called.......

Just started Light and Magic myself and am enjoying it so far. I recognise a fair few faces from watching so many making-ofs/special features over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I can't remember the name to be honest. It could be anything. But it was about special FX in movies and it was class.

Flew through all 6 hours of Light & Magic. Really enjoyable stuff and I'd actually have been more than happy with another 4 hours or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Werewolf by Night (2022) On a dark and somber night, a secret cabal of monster hunters emerge from the shadows and gather at the foreboding Bloodstone Temple following the death of their leader.

Added today

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I watched Werewolf By Night last night and I really enjoyed it. At under an hour it is well worth your time if you like old school horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Holding off on it until closer to actual Halloween. Still haven’t started Andor either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The app rates it 16+ so unlikely but of course different families have different sensitivities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there is SOME violence but not particularly graphic so it really depends on the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Watched all of The Bear over the last couple of days. Really enjoyable series with one episode based around a single shot (as far as I could tell) that was fantastic. The way it ends is a bit of a head scratcher and I ended up looking it up and there was an explanation by the writer or producer of the series online that makes sense but none of it came across in that final episode. Still, all in all, can't wait to see another season of this. The cast in it are all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Have you got a link to that explanation?

My thinking is that Michael borrowed the money and stored it in the tins with the intention that Carmy would take over the restaurant after he was gone and turn it into a place that more suited his style. That's fine but what I didn't really get is that Carmy still owes that guy who lent Michael the money anyway so he's in huge debt regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just finished it, what an excellent show. They Better have a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does anyone know to get NYPD Blue to play in its proper aspect ratio on an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Watched 4 episodes of The Bear and didn't warm to it at all. I can't understand the hype whatsoever but appear to be on my own. Wont bother with the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I watched Werewolf by Night. It was alright, but I just hated the final Werewolf form. It reminded me of how the kid in the first Jumanji film looked after he got punished for cheating and was turned into a monkey. I don't like werewolves that lack the distinctive wolf face.

Also finished The Punisher S2. Maybe I'm in a minority but I enjoyed it. I can imagine a lot of fans would have been put off by Frank teaming with Amy, but I liked their relationship. It did irk me somewhat that Billy Russo was such a big part of the season. Resolving that at the halfway stage would have been better imo and then turn the focus on to John, the religious hitman guy. I really get a kick out of Jon Bernthal as Frank and I'd love to see him reprise it once more, even if it's just as a cameo in Daredevil again.

The last one of these former Netflix shows I have to watch is Jessica Jones S3.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ok I thought I was the only one after two episodes I am struggling...."cousssssin"

The two main guys wrecking my head tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special drops on November 25th.

I finished S1 of Abbott Elementary. I wasn't feeling this early on but it did grow on me. Some good one-liners. I particularly liked Janine's rapping boyfriend, Tariq.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Speaking of werewolves that look shite, remember how Oz in Buffy the Vampire Slayer had a canine face yet in later seasons the makeup was changed to a more human face so you could tell it was Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's really enjoyable.

The highlight for me is the school principal.

• Advertisement

Definitely, love her character.

Frustrating that we need to wait an unknown amount of time for season 2. Hope it's not deep into next year.

Advertisement