Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting a folio

Options
  • 31-10-2019 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I am considering purchasing a property. I vaguely know the family who currently live in the property. However, I would like to know who exactly is the registered owner of the property as there is a number of family members living there. I know I will find this information on the folio. My question is, will the registered owner(s) be notified that I made a request for the folio? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Monkey09 wrote: »
    I am considering purchasing a property. I vaguely know the family who currently live in the property. However, I would like to know who exactly is the registered owner of the property as there is a number of family members living there. I know I will find this information on the folio. My question is, will the registered owner(s) be notified that I made a request for the folio? Thanks in advance! :)

No...landdirect.ie....they won't be notified as technically its public information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

How do you know there is a folio?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

How do you know there is a folio?

Apart from some older urban titles and a few rural estates which which never went thru' the Land Purchase Acts procedure all other land is registered in the Land Registry and is shown on a LR folio.
    THe title shown on the folio may not be up to date, ach sin ceist eile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

nuac wrote: »
    Apart from some older urban titles and a few rural estates which which never went thru' the Land Purchase Acts procedure all other land is registered in the Land Registry and is shown on a LR folio.
    THe title shown on the folio may not be up to date, ach sin ceist eile.

It could be unregistered land and not in the Land Registry at all but in the Registry of Deeds. There is still a lot of property in Ireland in the registry of deeds, entire housing estates were registered that way before the LR folio system was implemented. Not sure what % is now LR and what % is Registry of Deeds but there is still a fair way to go until everything is LR.

Anyway the OP can do a map search on landdirect.ie and if it is registered there then pay 5 euro for a copy of the folio. The owners wont be notified that anyone has bought a copy so they've no need to worry on that score.

Advertisement