Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Ariya

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Personally ,and I've 2 Ev's, they should do away with tthe VRT rebate. Its just free cash to these car companies.

What VRT rebate would that be? Is it the one that was done away with in the last budget, effective from 1st of January this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Personally ,and I've 2 Ev's, they should do away with tthe VRT rebate. Its just free cash to these car companies.
    Not the vrt rebate, the SEAI grant, but yes you are correct

Give it as a tax credit to the purchaser instead of off the sales price to the OEM

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Bjorn got a look in.

https://youtu.be/PVNqMDv_kRI

Somewhat preproduction.
    Boot looks small without dropping the floor.
    Middle back seat looks impossible to sit in with the centre console jutting back into it.. though it seems it slides forward.
    Interior kinda looks a bit drab. Like a Japanese businessman's briefcase.

OH center console moves forward and backwards electronically too, now that's cool, whether it will be in the production model or not is anyone's guess.

The interior is impressive, the boot is pretty tight, and FWD, it's a real shame that Nissan are still building ICE based electrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

It’s a fine car very nice indeed - it’s getting a bit of attention lately - price point seems like it’s going to be higher than initially thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

it's a real shame that Nissan are still building ICE based electrics.

It’s their new EV platform.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    It’s their new EV platform.

New EV platform based on ICE tech everything mounted in the front, I suppose the difference is I think they will have the option of 2 motors and one will obviously be in the rear but the motor should drive the rear wheels as standard.

New EV platform based on ICE tech everything mounted in the front, I suppose the difference is I think they will have the option of 2 motors and one will obviously be in the rear but the motor should drive the rear wheels as standard.

Apparently it was cheaper to have the motor in the front thus reducing cost. I am eager to see how their new e-4orce awd system works

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ha ha, beautiful looking car but good luck trying to park perfectly to charger it as a eCars High Power charger, that charge port is in a loopy position

What about those of us who imported, none of that cash went to the car companies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

ELM327 wrote: »
    Not the vrt rebate, the SEAI grant, but yes you are correct

Give it as a tax credit to the purchaser instead of off the sales price to the OEM

Yes, My mistake. its the SEAI grant I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Nothing much happening with this car, except that the launch in the UK+Ireland region is likely to be either end of 2021 or early 2022 according to Nissan dealer today. Quite a wait given the ID.4 is arriving here soon. On Ariya launch, see: https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/access-all-ariyas-we-take-a-look-at-the-new-nissan-all-electric-suv-that-has-teslas-model-y-in-its-sights/215370

Would be great to see an Irish OTR retail price, not just indicative pricing, but it is too early yet.
    The LR Ariya will be a great LEAF replacement, but a little more upmarket and priced as such. Probably won't see driven reviews until car sales globally are up again.

I have to say I am a big fan of the electric central console.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭latency89

Nothing much happening with this car, except that the launch in the UK+Ireland region is likely to be either end of 2021 or early 2022 according to Nissan dealer today. Quite a wait given the ID.4 is arriving here soon. On Ariya launch, see: https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/access-all-ariyas-we-take-a-look-at-the-new-nissan-all-electric-suv-that-has-teslas-model-y-in-its-sights/215370

Would be great to see an Irish OTR retail price, not just indicative pricing, but it is too early yet.
    The LR Ariya will be a great LEAF replacement, but a little more upmarket and priced as such. Probably won't see driven reviews until car sales globally are up again.

Going to guess

63kWh €47,000 +
    87kWh €57,000 +

Not gonna be cheap

Yeah, the console and the whole dash is nice balance of minimalism and functionalism.

latency89 wrote: »
    Going to guess

63kWh €47,000 +
    87kWh €57,000 +

Not gonna be cheap

Can't see the logic, though, of competing directly with the M3 SR+ with the 63kWh. I would guess it would have to be less than the 77kWh ID.4 at similar trim.

Ultimately, I wish there were more new options for mid-range C & D segment cars that were not arbitrarily elevated crossover/SUV designs but the market has decided.

I pity this car if it prices itself alongside the Model Y (Model 3 even)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

slave1 wrote: »

But what if buyers prefer this car to a Tesla Y or 3? Not everyone buys into the idea that Tesla will always be the first choice.

I could have bought a 3LR instead of the VW ID.3 Tour, but I don't like the body style or looks of the Tesla 3, and the Y looks worse, so it was a no brainer for me to choose the VW.

But what if buyers prefer this car to a Tesla Y or 3? Not everyone buys into the idea that Tesla will always be the first choice.

I could have bought a 3LR instead of the VW ID.3 Tour, but I don't like the body style or looks of the Tesla 3, and the Y looks worse, so it was a no brainer for me to choose the VW.

I prefer interior as I sit in it not outside looking at it all day so exterior is less important to me. :D

But I agree, the M3 isn't the nicest thing and the front end reminds me of the MK I Leaf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I prefer interior as I sit in it not outside looking at it all day so exterior is less important to me. :D

But I agree, the M3 isn't the nicest thing and the front end reminds me of the MK I Leaf. :)

Well, obviously. You went from a mark 1 Leaf to an I3, right? :D:D

• Advertisement

Well, obviously. You went from a mark 1 Leaf to an I3, right? :D:D

i3 is better looking than the MK I Leaf for sure :P

slave1 wrote: »

You'd want to be getting the LR 87kWh Ariya for TMY alright money

Don't know what Nissan are thinking

The market want's a no frills 60kWh Qashqai type car for €35,000, even VW see that with ID3

No one want's a 4WD, 300bhp, Nissan SUV for €57,000

You'd want to be getting the LR 87kWh Ariya for TMY alright money

Don't know what Nissan are thinking

The market want's a no frills 60kWh Qashqai type car for €35,000, even VW see that with ID3

No one want's a 4WD, 300bhp, Nissan SUV for €57,000

They probably made this car in the hopes it will sell in low volumes, they could be struggling to meet demand for batteries.

I agree, a cheap qashqai would be much better but they chose Petrol power for this, it would have been so much better if it had a 40 Kwh battery and a smaller Petrol engine for backup but not being able to plug in at all is pretty ridiculous considering it's 10 years since the release of the Leaf, they should have another 2 cheaper electric models by now but probably battery supply is the real issue.

They probably made this car in the hopes it will sell in low volumes, they could be struggling to meet demand for batteries.

I agree, a cheap qashqai would be much better but they chose Petrol power for this, it would have been so much better if it had a 40 Kwh battery and a smaller Petrol engine for backup but not being able to plug in at all is pretty ridiculous considering it's 10 years since the release of the Leaf, they should have another 2 cheaper electric models by now but probably battery supply is the real issue.

Yeah absolute rubbish

Nissan won't be around in 10 year's like many others

Yeah absolute rubbish

Nissan won't be around in 10 year's like many others

Huh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

They may be in a financially bad position now. Will try and find the article, they're reducing their line up worldwide because of losses and their forecasts were poor.

On the Ariya it looks gorgeous and hi tech but if the 63kWh does indeed have a WLTP of 380km they'll have problems shifting them.

Huh ?

Falling apart since they tried to sentence Ghosn to life imprisonment, with no trial :pac:

Going nowhere fast like Ford

Falling apart since they tried to sentence Ghosn to life imprisonment, with no trial :pac:

Going nowhere fast like Ford

I wonder if any of the allegations are true ? A company will go to extraordinary lengths to fire someone and use all their resources to gather "evidence/manufacture"

I wonder if any of the allegations are true ? A company will go to extraordinary lengths to fire someone and use all their resources to gather "evidence/manufacture"

I’m not certain which side I align with,the story is absolutely bananas, he and his family’s treatment seemed very extreme for the charges, 144 days in solitary confinement, no trial till 2021 at the least, can’t speak with his wife,100% conviction rates for corporate prosecutors.

The chance of Ghosn getting a fair trial in Japan were zero.He was smart to flee and would make a great movie :pac:(because Japan doesn't believe in ankle monitors lol)

No question that Ghosn was guilty of these charges though, France are trying to get him for stealing from Renault too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I’m not certain which side I align with,the story is absolutely bananas, he and his family’s treatment seemed very extreme for the charges, 144 days in solitary confinement, no trial till 2021 at the least, can’t speak with his wife,100% conviction rates for corporate prosecutors.

The chance of Ghosn getting a fair trial in Japan were zero.He was smart to flee and would make a great movie :pac:(because Japan doesn't believe in ankle monitors lol)

No question that Ghosn was guilty of these charges though, France are trying to get him for stealing from Renault too

The thing is Japan tends to not prosecute unless they are very sure of winning. That's why the conviction rate is so high (not just for corporate stuff). If there's much chance of not winning, they tend to drop the case. It's not a case of unfair trials, just a case of them being sure of winning if they decide to go to trial.

Advertisement