Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-EEA Minor to Study in Ireland - with Mother (Non-EEA) and Step-Father (EU)

Options
  • 24-10-2019 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker of this board and I'm hoping to get some thoughts or insights regarding my situation.

I'm non-EEA citizen married to an EU citizen (born in Derry, living in Ireland and have Irish Passport) for the last 4yrs. I moved to Ireland last Sept 2016 and have been working here till now with a stamp 4 card.

I have children (10 & 12) from a previous relationship (not married but father signed the birth certificate). I'd like to bring my 12yrs old here and send her to school from here. But I cant seem to get myself to go the right direction with legal info about doing this. I tried INIS but most of what I've seen there are college students. I can only assume family reunification but the documents are just not specific to my situation.

I was hoping to get some insights if anyone with the same situation as I am have ever gone through the process recently. Can you share your story? How did you go about getting this done?

Thanks very much in advance! Appreciate all the info I can get.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭LuciX

Eiram_User wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm non-EEA citizen married to an EU citizen (born in Derry, livng in Ireland and have Irish Passport) for the last 4yrs. I moved to Ireland last Sept 2016 and have been working here till now with a stamp 4 card.

Married 4yrs - so sometime in 2015
    Moved to Ireland in Sep 2016

You are not entitled to family reunification but if your husband work and earns over a certain threshold he can apply to sponsor a minor to enter the country.

As far as family reunification goes...
    In considering applications for family reunification, the financial circumstances of the sponsor will be considered as well as the type of family member who wishes to reside in the State. Irish citizens wishing to apply for family reunification for spouses/children are required to have earned not less than €40,000 over the previous three years combined prior to the application and not to have been reliant on state benefits for two years prior to the application.

Advertisement