Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law at ucc or ucd?

Options
  • 13-10-2019 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Which of the degrees is more respected in the industry? Will choosing one over the other affect my employment opportunities after college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Worth saying I went to UCD for starters. I have heard that employers regard UCD, UCC and Trinity as the three best. This was reflected in the internships I did. Of about 20-25, all but one went to UCD/Trinity. One UCC student.

It is hard to say whether this is causal or if more capable students selected UCD/Trinity at the outset. For sure UCD/Trinity are regarded as equals, I think, but UCC may be also be considered on par.

My experience of UCD law was very positive. Most lecturers were excellent. The programme would benefit from more small group teaching but I don't think you'll get that anywhere.

If I were in your position and UCD is closer to you, easier to attend etc, I would go with that. If you're in Cork or the Munster region then UCC doesn't seem like a bad option either.

Advertisement