Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

The kickstarter adventures of Sólás - solaswatches.com

Comments

• Ha - you may see a batch of genuine Sellita rotors going up on adverts soon enough :P (I did make sure that they were going to give me the extra rotors after we install our own onto it).

If I could give a teaser - I would say think Blancpain special rotor - but steeped in Irish cultural significance. As the design isn't yet fully confirmed in terms of engineering design I won't announce it just yet. But yes - at the price - the expectation would be that "everything" about the watch will be of the highest level (below hand finishing) (while still 1/3 to 1/4 the price of an Omega - at retail - for KS it may be as low as 1/6th the price of an Omega) and frankly (other than the co-axial movement) - I want to be at least equaling Omega in terms of finishing and design (if not beating them).

Fun news - my CO2 fire extinguisher arrived today - MsThirdfox was not going to allow me to start alcohol fires in the house without one on standby :pac:

• Any updates on the new watch TF? Afraid of missing it with the new boards layout 😁

• Advertisement

• Funny, yesterday I came across this - you can do it with electrical currents, too.

• Ha I can imagine what MsThirdfox will say if I apply to start playing with electricity as well as fire…

• Advertisement

• So "trust me, it'll be grand" line doesn't work!? Strange times we're living in.

Anyways, I really enjoyed reading the thread and seeing how your dream developed. Cheers.

I don't wear watches myself, but I know a few people that are looking for a different watch and loved what they saw on your site.

Finally, do you deliver to Australia?

• Nah, what ThirdFox has to say is, "Honey, watch this!" 😁

• I've used the "trust me" card in getting approval to build the Starlight in the first place (when I should just be a good little lawyer and stick to legal contracts 😁)

I did float electricity to MsThirdfox and she reckons that's safer than 400 degree fires.

Yup we do deliver to Australia - in fact have 4 customers from there already.

• 😊😁

• Well as an engineer the potential difference through an alcohol fire will make it safer...although I'm not a very good engineer!

From talking to my brother, who works in Hong Kong alot, they're very interested in irish culture. They seem to like something different.

An order will be coming your way anyway.

• Huh - the new website doesn't allow me to mouse over to the "send private message" 🙄 - the popup disappears as I go from your username to get to send private message.

Could you send me an email to [email protected] instead? My factory in China said they definitely can do something with this iron (after all meteorite dials are basically iron dials too).

Irish iron won't be the only cool/unique dial material we may be able to make - I've actually got some rocket booster material from China (historic family connections in the rocket business) - so that would make for some cool dials/cases too, just need to decide exactly what I want to do with it.

• If you want to send a PM to someone with a private profile, go to https://www.boards.ie/messages/add and type the recipient's username, like so.

• Wouldn't do that at the moment. Contact solas directly I'd say.

• You're not wrong, there, gameoverdude. 😒

• Advertisement

• Sent you a quick photo on instagram there now, will give you more info in the morning, meantime you can do a google search of Woodford furnace festival to find out more.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• @Thirdfox a bit of levity on this thread, even more so. What song would you put to your watch?

• Hoppípolla by Sigur Ros. 😎

• Ha - well so that you mention it - someone actually did make a music video to go with the Starlight:

"Levitating" by Dua Lipa - a good choice since Starlight actually gets name dropped in the lyrics - and from my time on Instagram I know it's a pretty popular meme song 😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement