Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Hagibis Projected Path

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

What you're saying is very different to what they're saying:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20191011_58/

Strongest typhoon to make landfall in recorded history in terms of pressure as well now. Also coupled with the fact that it's a full moon so water levels are naturally higher, leading to more flooding and water damage.

This did not "happen last month", as you said earlier. It's all well and good saying western media are hyping it up or taking an interest because of the F1 and world cup, but watch Japanese media and you'll see what JMA are saying directly.

You've literally linked to media outlets to claim its coming from the JMA?? It would be like linking to RTE claiming theyre met eireann.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/amedas_h/today-44216.html?groupCode=30&areaCode=000#link

Kozushima Airport have recorded 60knts over the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You've literally linked to media outlets to claim its coming from the JMA?? It would be like linking to RTE claiming theyre met eireann.

It's NHK quoting JMA. Surely you understand how that works? It's not like RTE claiming they're Met Eireann, it's RTE quoting Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Other than Japan match is there any others under serious threat?
    Namibia v Canada is up north

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

On the wireless earlier if wasn't clear if Canada vs Namibia would go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

All stadiums and pitches being expected I believe to be safe was my understanding

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    On the wireless earlier if wasn't clear if Canada vs Namibia would go ahead.

Thanks.
    The boredom of the soccer match is driving me to the drink.
    My kingdom for a RWC game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thanks.

It's hard enough to go from watching rugby to football at the best of times but jaysus..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Thanks.

RWC drinking game? :)

Have a drink anytime you hear a pundit say "contingency"

(be ready to be in bed in an hour)

“Robust” should get me to 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

padser wrote: »
    To be fair, like pretty much every other objection raised - that's easily fixable with multiple solutions

Dont confirm the actual venue.

Or even, put out reports the game is called off while moving the teams and then announce it will be played a couple of hours before it kicks off

Or, charter a plane a few days before the windy weather hits and fly the two teams to another country.

I honestly havnt seen a single argument advanced which genuinely holds up which prevents games being moved (moving fans absolutely, moving 100 people to a pitch away from the bad weather hits - doable)

It's not 100 people it's also security and volunteers who are currently much more concerned with helping out with the evacuations and post typhoon support to care less about a rugby match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

caff wrote: »
    It's not 100 people it's also security and volunteers who are currently much more concerned with helping out with the evacuations and post typhoon support to care less about a rugby match

Surely the point is to move the game away from the typhoon therefore the local security and volunteers wouldn’t be involved anyway.

The earthquake recorded a 4 on Japan’s intensity scale of 7, with the epicentre located in the Pacific Ocean off Chiba Prefecture, close to major cities such as Tokyo and Shizuoka on the south coast of the Honshu island. No tsunami warning has been issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Well the good news is that it has now past and the winds (in Tokyo) are back to being "normal":
    201910130000-00.png

Advertisement