Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone 4G home broadband now 300gb

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Just noticed this in the terms and conditions:
    A monthly data usage allowance of 300 gigabytes (Gb) per month applies. Usage is capped at 300Gb per month unless actively removed by the customer. To remove this cap, the customer must contact Vodafone.
    Does this mean you can have unlimited data if you contact them?
    Also is there currently the 10Mbps speed cap? I know they didn't stick by the cap in the past on Vodafone X but recently they have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Not really...it probably means they charge for usage over 300GB. The previous plan was 150GB for 45e and an optional 100GB add on for 10e extra so it might be something similar with the current plan.

Mobile broadband plans are just a higher price-per-GB version of phone data plans

they way they phrase it is you'll never go over your limit so there'll be no unexpected charges on the bill.
    so as it stands,
    €40 for 300GB
    €10 for 100GB add on.
    previously, you had to contact them to activate add on, but now theres the option on the account page when you login in.

In total its now €49.19, because of the vat change, for 400GB a month
    i've never gone over the limit as ive always been watched it, so i dont know what would happen if you did go over.

Theres no speed cap on the Simply Broadband 4G plan, but some evenings it can be poor, but not every evening.
    There is a speed cap of 10Mbps on the Vodafone X plan

I just reread your post jdon72, and didn’t answer what you asked. I don’t know is my answer. It’s interesting wording alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CivilEx

so as it stands,
    €40 for 300GB
    €10 for 100GB add on.
    I'm currently using this plan, but the only add on I can see is €10 for 10GB extra, which would bring me to 310GB per month rather than 400GB. Do you have an option for a 100GB add on?

Hi,
    its currently active on my account,
    539264.png

you might have to contact support if its not available.
    i think i had to do it the first time i was on this contract, not so sure for the current version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Hi,
    its currently active on my account,
    539264.png

you might have to contact support if its not available.
    i think i had to do it the first time i was on this contract, not so sure for the current version.
    Cheers, I see the other options, not including the 100GB. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

jdon72 wrote: »

Also is there currently the 10Mbps speed cap? I know they didn't stick by the cap in the past on Vodafone X but recently they have

These are my speeds this eve.....

EsmfzttW8AEca0K?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Yes just to clarify, Vodafone has not limited the speed of any of the home broadband sims as far as I know, only he cheaper pay as you go sims.
    Another example speed test this morning from Vodafone:
    (First is multi connection, second is single connection speed test)

10815148693.png

10815154560.png

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

My God, that's amazing. My Vodafone 4G peaks at 15mb during the day and degrades to less 1mb in the evening, right now it's completely disconnected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Saw this thread was still relatively active. Is anyone else having serious internet issues lately?

Like, trying to access a website that's usually fast loading (amazon for example, or even boards) is taking goddamn ages.

I'm using vodafone 300 GB wifi, and the last week or so it's been atrocious for speed. Tried watching a video on youtube, and had to turn the settings down to 144 P, the lowest setting.

Even at this level, it froze.

• Advertisement

Is it happening all throughout the day?
    If yea, don’t bother with the rest of this..

During the day mine is grand, 30-50
    however in the evenings it’s usually poor. Not every evening , but most.
    As soon as I start noticing a slow down (such as you mention, YouTube , web pages etc.) i login to the router and change it to 3G.
    Slowdown could be anywhere between 1-2 or 3 Mb download
    Changing to 3G gets me 7/8 -10 Mb
    I’ve done all the logging speeds, contacting support etc over the years, and just got pure fed up with it..
    Is it a pain in the a**, yes, but it gets me out of a hole.
    Of course if the 3G is poor in you area I’m not sure what you can do.
    There could be other stuff going on also, this is just what I’m experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Is it happening all throughout the day?
    If yea, don’t bother with the rest of this..

During the day mine is grand, 30-50
    however in the evenings it’s usually poor. Not every evening , but most.
    As soon as I start noticing a slow down (such as you mention, YouTube , web pages etc.) i login to the router and change it to 3G.
    Slowdown could be anywhere between 1-2 or 3 Mb download
    Changing to 3G gets me 7/8 -10 Mb
    I’ve done all the logging speeds, contacting support etc over the years, and just got pure fed up with it..
    Is it a pain in the a**, yes, but it gets me out of a hole.
    Of course if the 3G is poor in you area I’m not sure what you can do.
    There could be other stuff going on also, this is just what I’m experiencing.

No, it's quite similar to you-but only seemed to be happening these last few days. Prior to this, the weather had been utterly crap, so obviously that messed with the wifi (happens after thunder as well). It can drop to 1.5 mbps at worst.

Sometimes turning the modem off and on helps. But it was just strangled tonight.
    Tried twitter, and it seemed to be a problem affecting the Vodafone network in the UK too.

The 3G would probably be worse in my area, tbh. The 4G is stronger.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're strangling the network due to usage. If that's the case, it's downright scummy. But they're not the first network to do that to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Howdy folks,

Sorry this thread might be too long gone for a new post but said I'd give it a try! Just picked this up from Vodafone yesterday for a 3 day trial. I'm about 7 miles outside sligo town, only other option for broadband here is an antenna through local crowd fastcom and it is dismally slow, looking at 1-2mb a lot of the day.

Have been pleasantly surprised by this tbh, have monitored it most hours today while wfh and it hasn't gone below 30mb even through the evening. I've recently moved back to Ireland so tbh I didn't even know this was an option before now, I was asking about tethering on my phone in the shop when he mentioned it.

Only thing that I can't seem to get working with it is downloads on the sky box, has anyone else come across this. Would it be blocked somehow as Vodafone have a TV service too? Even with the miserable speed on fastcom you could set something to download overnight and it would do it.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

4g has a private shared ip so that stops some things working. It could be that or a block. Try three, they also have public ip on some plans. Get an iskra 58 with 2.5 or max 5m cable and a 50mm pole and put the yagis 1m apart you should get a strong signal inside upstairs or in attick. Screwfix sell anchors to put pole in attick search antennae

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭fman

There are " issues" with sky downloads and 4g. If you can find it on their site, sky officially say downloads don't work with 4g.

As was said by Lomb, it has been traced on other sites to be IP related. It's very hit or miss and frustratingly is mostly down to the way sky inserts ads into downloads.

I'm in the same situation, a lot of time, downloads don't work but for some reason have worked ok for me for the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Consonata

Am I right in my reading of this that this is unlimited 5G now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Yes unlimited now but you would need to be in a 5G area to access the service and would require the 5G modem which I think is 99e upfront right now. If you're in an area of Vodafone 5G it could be a good shout. If you've no 5G it'll fall back to unlimited 4G- just to note though the old 300GB plan was/is 40e per month and this is 45...

Advertisement