Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a solicitor dealing with a will

Options
  • 05-10-2019 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Hi all

hoping to get some advice on a situation the in laws are having in relation to a will. The main issue is to do with ownership of the house which was complicated but basically involved two bachelors living in the family house and only one of their name was on the deeds of the house (along with the deceased mother). That brother made a will shortly before he died and the main thing was that the other brother lives in the house till he dies and then it is split between the remaining siblings and nieces and nephews.

Unfortunately there seems to be still an ownership issue with the deeds to the house. One of the siblings is the executor but he only found out once the brother passed! He is finding dealing with the solicitor really difficult and is getting no updates or call backs. The ownership is going on a long time and considering they barely get any feedback on what is going on, they are worried that they will be left with a big bill. I have recommended our solicitor to my in-laws as I have always found him fantastic on any work he helped us with so I am wondering if it is allowed to change solicitors this far into the process?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Matter for decision by the executor

Advertisement