Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby name regret?

Options
  • 03-10-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I was chatting to a friend and she admitted she often regrets the name she gave her baby. We had a laugh about it but was just wondering if anyone else ever felt the same? How late is too late to change the name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I know a woman in the UK who changed her son's name when he was around 1. She is a bit of a looper in fairness but can be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,385 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can always just call them by their middle name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Just change it. **** it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I think she would have to change it by deed poll at this stage? I doubt she can change the birth cert, but maybe that’s wrong!
    If she prefers the middle name, she could use that. If she has two examples of use of the middle name then she could put that on passport, but his original name would still be linked to his pps no. My little guy goes by his middle name, that’s what we have on his passport

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

When it came to naming our son, we ever thought of it as naming a baby. Some things sound nice for a kid when small, my opinion would be to leave that to nicknames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When it came to naming our son, we ever thought of it as naming a baby. Some things sound nice for a kid when small, my opinion would be to leave that to nicknames.
    That was definitely something we thought of. There are a lot of really cute names out there, but you couldn't really see the CEO of a multinational being called them.

Advertisement