Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renault Zoe

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

adunis wrote: »
    Best check your load rating reboot the 16" tyres are supposed to be 91 load rating,88 for the 15s and 17s,in reality 87 is probably absolutely fine ,but not "correct"

Thanks for advice on load bearing,good safety point.Been driving on them 6 months,so far no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

I already greatly reduced the load in Zoe, when she arrived by removing the back of the rear seats, weighs a lot with seat anchors.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Hey guys, I'm considering buying the latest Renault Zoe 50 electric. The sub 30k price, 22 KW AC charging option, larger boot space and long distance driving range sound pretty decent.

Has anyone here bought it? Any feedback about the Zoe electrics in general would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,724 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It seems very expensive to me when you can get a much longer range, bigger, faster, better specced, faster charging, longer warranty one year old Kona 64kWh for around the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

unkel wrote: »
    It seems very expensive to me when you can get a much longer range, bigger, faster, better specced, faster charging, longer warranty one year old Kona 64kWh for around the same money

For context that poster will be using public transport for work commute and an EV for weekend camping trips.

From experience of camping and day tripping to remote locations I'd recommend 22kW AC on-board charging.

• Advertisement

What is the story with battery lease and battery lease buyout at the moment.
    I know someone looking to change doing very low miles and a used 22kwh Zoe would be a good fit for them especially as they have a car port where they could charge it via the granny cable maybe one a week.
    Can the lease be downscaled to 5000km or 7500km per year to save costs?

This person resents paying high motor tax for their current car which they barely use.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What is the story with battery lease and battery lease buyout at the moment.
    I know someone looking to change doing very low miles and a used 22kwh Zoe would be a good fit for them especially as they have a car port where they could charge it via the granny cable maybe one a week.
    Can the lease be downscaled to 5000km or 7500km per year to save costs?

This person resents paying high motor tax for their current car which they barely use.

Where is the person based? The answer could very much be country specific.

the Midlands

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

the Midlands

Of which country :D, could be Birmingham or Athlone.

nearer Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ei9go

Lights on the 22 and 40 kW are awful. Had both They use a strange arrangement of one H7 bulb and a moving reflector to get dim and high beam. Heating is not that good and doesn't work at all in eco mode. All sorted on the ze50.

I put uprated Halogens in mine and just replaced one of them after it blew on Sunday. They are easier to change than some other renault light bulbs but not as easy as the Mk 3 megane where the entire light can be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ei9go

I put uprated Halogens in mine and just replaced one of them after it blew on Sunday. They are easier to change than some other renault light bulbs but not as easy as the Mk 3 megane where the entire light can be removed.

I put Nightbreakers in mine. Still not worth a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Thinking about buying a second hand Zoe...2017 up. We need a good family car and ideally one that will fit two car seats and an additional person in the back seat. We are thinking to buy second hand as new is a fair investment. the zoe car seems like it is a good mid-price car with decent range and performance. That said, I haven't a clue about electric cars.... Another option might be the Ioniq, but that seems to be a bit pricier and potentially not as reliable. Be great to get some pointers.

No. won't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

2nd complete set of tyres due at 43k,barely legal,18k out of the 1st day Michelin's,25 from the falkens.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭glen123

Looking at 2016 Zoe with very low mileage.

Are they generally reliable enough? As reliable as Leaf, for example? Thanks.

Thanks. Is there any way of checking the battery? Or there is no point if car has only 25k km on it?

Is there a report of some sort that seller can show me using the app?

Is 9.5k eur a reasonable ask for 2016 Zoe Expression with low mileage , two cables, etc?

What would be the average range it should manage if driven mostly at 70-80km ph?

Sorry about all the questions but there is a lot of info on Leafs on boards forum and very little on Zoes. Any help is much appreciated.

Yes but pointless.

Nope native app isn't very featureful

Try 9k

Ze 4.0 does 280k minimum driving the wheels off it.

Small battery driving easy ,I'd expect 160k easily and reliably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭handpref

That’s the older 23kw or thereabouts battery ?

Might be worth checking with where it’s been serviced if it’s got a full service history- Should have been in every year for one. I know our one has a five year warranty but not sure about the 2016 model- just be sure it’s battery owned and hasn’t had a bang at some stage.

Second everything adunis says above- great little cars, undoubtedly the most underrated ev on the market. Il be sad to part with ours.

It's this one i am looking at:

Says battery owned and looks spotless too.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

172 ZE40 with a heating fault and no warm air, just cooling (I tried heating the sensor to switch from air co to heating but made no difference). Rang Renault and while it is under warranty still, their process is:

1) bring car in to evaluate fault

2) decide if that fault part is covered under warranty or not

3) if not you pay a 140-odd diagnostics fee, if yes all good

Anyone had this problem here avec sa petite Zoe? I'll probably just drive the 200km to the garage where I bought it SH last year and get it fixed there under their garage warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭silver_sky

My '15 had issues with it a few years ago. I brought it into Renault Belgard (only one I'd trust TBH) and they did a software update. No issues since then. It's warm even in ECO mode which was abysmal beforehand. That sensor trick is a load of shite. Unless you're getting wild readings on the car's outside temperature your sensor is fine - it's the software. Heating it up like that could break it.

I actually just did the R-Link update (it had the stuck time issue) but must check the car system too. Didn't change the heating issue. Have an OBD2 scanner in post so will try CANZE with that to check heating subsystem.

Just to add to this, with heating on (ECO off) the heat pump stays at 0 rpm and does not rise about 3 bar pressure, so it is probably a gas leak or an electrical fault which stops the heat pump from operating. There are some general DTCs (with Car Scanner app on Android) P0411 (secondary air injection), P1525 (air bypass valve system) and other unrelated body control module issues, then CANZE app on IOS reports a few electric power driver DTCs, but I can't interpret them and they have no visible timestamps. Of course, clearing them would mess up the diagnostics process, so not much else to do and one for the mechanics under warranty.

Software reprogramming at the Renault garage fixed it under warranty. No parts needed and no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

Leaf owner here folks, recommending a Zoe to one of my friend :D

This is available online at the moment: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique/33516448

If I asked the seller to get a SOH report from the garage is that reasonable / possible?

Anything else to ask for?

The garages are generally useless at that stuff. You/they can check with the canZE app and a bluetooth OBD2 reader.

I would check with them if the battery is still leased or if it's battery owned. The price would indicate leased. This is a pain in the arse so would move on if it has the lease. It can be bought out from Mobilize (formerly RCI) but they are extremely slow to deal with.

• Advertisement

The OBD2 port on the 22/40 Zoe is under the rubber mat in front of the gear lever. Use a card to remove the mat.

Advertisement