Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Road rage - an apology

  • 30-09-2019 11:52am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ jim salter


    I want to apologise to the motorcyclist I had a road rage incident with on Saturday 28th September.

    I was in the car on Baggot street at about 11:45am. I was maneuvering around a car (I did check my mirror and shoulder but didn't see the bike until the last second).

    The bike was a Harley (I think) had saddle bags on and the rider looked to be 40's/50's. He had a modular helmet on. He was wearing full leathers

    I want to apologies for my actions. I should have known better (especially when it comes to bikers). Regardless of what had happened immediately before the incident my actions/reactions were wrong.

    If the biker is on here or if someone knows him please direct him to this post.

    Thank you.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭ realdanbreen


    jim salter wrote: »
    I want to apologise to the motorcyclist I had a road rage incident with on Saturday 28th September.

    I was in the car on Baggot street at about 11:45am. I was maneuvering around a car (I did check my mirror and shoulder but didn't see the bike until the last second).

    The bike was a Harley (I think) had saddle bags on and the rider looked to be 40's/50's. He had a modular helmet on. He was wearing full leathers

    I want to apologies for my actions. I should have known better (especially when it comes to bikers). Regardless of what had happened immediately before the incident my actions/reactions were wrong.

    If the biker is on here or if someone knows him please direct him to this post.

    Thank you.
    What did you do


  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭ LLewellen Farquarson


    Just like to say fair play for apologising.
    It shows a depth of character.

    (I've no knowledge of the incident)


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom


    What did you do


    He shot him.......:D

















    Just kiddin...fair play,,,,probably worried about revenge from other gang members...joking...:P


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭ zubair


    He shot him.......:D

    :D:D:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭ Mango Joe


    What did you do?

    Apology is a bit empty if you aren't willing to own your actions IMO.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭ Padre_Pio


    Mango Joe wrote: »
    What did you do?

    Apology is a bit empty if you aren't willing to own your actions IMO.

    He knows his actions and so does the other party.

    This isn't confession.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ endacl


    Padre_Pio wrote: »
    He knows his actions and so does the other party.

    This isn't confession.

    Spoken like a true Padré!


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom


    Mango Joe wrote: »
    What did you do?

    Apology is a bit empty if you aren't willing to own your actions IMO.


    Just passing through.?...:rolleyes:....


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭ realdanbreen


    Seeing as we're on the subject. I entered a roundabout last evening and this knob in a red Suv came flying along flashing and hooting me. I did perhaps enter a tad too early but if he had been doing a normal speed he had no problem. Anyway he exited at the next exit before we got to exchange pleasentries. Like the OP I don't know if you are on boards but hopefully you are and I just want to say that you are lucky you exited when you did!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭ NickNickleby


    Seeing as we're on the subject. I entered a roundabout last evening and this knob in a red Suv came flying along flashing and hooting me. I did perhaps enter a tad too early but if he had been doing a normal speed he had no problem. Anyway he exited at the next exit before we got to exchange pleasentries. Like the OP I don't know if you are on boards but hopefully you are and I just want to say that you are lucky you exited when you did!

    Now THAT's what I call a heartfelt apology :pac::pac::pac::pac::D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom


    Seeing as we're on the subject. I entered a roundabout last evening and this knob in a red Suv came flying along flashing and hooting me. I did perhaps enter a tad too early but if he had been doing a normal speed he had no problem. Anyway he exited at the next exit before we got to exchange pleasentries. Like the OP I don't know if you are on boards but hopefully you are and I just want to say that you are lucky you exited when you did!


    mmmm.....could have been a major problem for you, financially AND physically for you tho...just sayin...:o


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭ D3V!L


    I took some sweets from a shop when I was 8 . If the shop keeper is on here I'm really really sorry. It keeps me up most nights. :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom


    D3V!L wrote: »
    I took some sweats from a shop when I was 8 . If the shop keeper is on here I'm really really sorry. It keeps me up most nights. :(


    They must have been "night-sweats" then.............are you a lady........:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭ D3V!L


    They must have been "night-sweats" then.............are you a lady........:D

    Bloody spell check !!

    Yes I'm a closet lesbian.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭ Max Headroom


    D3V!L wrote: »
    Bloody spell check !!

    Yes I'm a closet lesbian.


    "COME OUT COME OUT WHOEVER YOU ARE
    "................:D


Advertisement