Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luas Inspector's shot at MMA takedown

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I wouldn't call this violence - no blows were struck home they were interfered with and subdued this individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nice takedown, good teamwork, bowsie subdued. Good job.

Doubtless little Jimmy the Bowsie will walk out of the courts without a blemish on his good name and a hefty claim for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Bambi wrote: »
    Nice takedown, good teamwork, bowsie subdued. Good job.

Doubtless little Jimmy the Bowsie will walk out of the courts without a blemish on his good name and a hefty claim for himself.
    Unfortunately the little scumbag may well have a claim. A hard working family man may lose his job for giving a scobe a couple of digs.

Disgraceful. Bring back lugs!

See here's the thing, I love in that area and these guys never ever get involved when there's hassle on the Luas from actual scumbags, they call for the security team and cower in the corner. But this lad is clearly a lot smaller so he had no problem slamming him onto the edge of the platform, lucky not seriously injure the lad.
    True - the inspectors need to be armed to the teeth. In fact all 'law abiding' Dubliners need to be given permission to open carry as in America and to 'blast' the 'junkies' to 'kingdom come'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,712 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Chances are there was good reason, so many scummers on the Luas and public transport in general who will never get the hole kicking they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I saw the video on facebook, looked to me like the individual was perhaps trying to commit suicide as the other tram was approaching and tthe security restrained him for safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Perfectly acceptable takedown. What’s he meant to do throw a fisherman net with a duvet in it over him?
    Just give him his notebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

BDI wrote: »
    Perfectly acceptable takedown. What’s he meant to do throw a fisherman net with a duvet in it over him?
    Just give him his notebook?

Takedown? Why was there any need for a 'takedown'?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's all gone very AH in here.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Takedown? Why was there any need for a 'takedown'?

Have you ever been in a fight?

Holding somebody by the forehead and letting them punch the air until they run out of steam is fairly risky behaviour and not taught in any self defence classes I’m aware of.

The member of public was the aggressor here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Have you ever been in a fight?

Holding somebody by the forehead and letting them punch the air until they run out of steam is fairly risky behaviour and not taught in any self defence classes I’m aware of.

The member of public was the aggressor here.

Why outside of the schoolyard would I be 'in a fight'?

What an odd question which has zero relevance to anything.

If that's what you consider an aggressor then I would hazard a guess that you're quite experienced in the fighting game yourself.

What punching were you referring to? I didn't see anything remotely resembling a punch in that video!?

Maybe I'm just not hard enough...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Locking this thread given the low quality of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

According to the person on the grounds he's on for a huge payout ,
    Even worse is the person who recorded part of the incident giving his opinion on Luas staff to the media ,

They have a thankless job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭facehugger99

See here's the thing, I love in that area

TMI buddy.

Why outside of the schoolyard would I be 'in a fight'?

What an odd question which has zero relevance to anything.

If that's what you consider an aggressor then I would hazard a guess that you're quite experienced in the fighting game yourself.

What punching were you referring to? I didn't see anything remotely resembling a punch in that video!?

Maybe I'm just not hard enough...

We both know it wasn’t about how tough you were. It was about your unrealistic expectation that a poorly paid unskilled worker can neutralize a man trying to take his property safely without taking him to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Ginger83

$$$$$$$$ & 2 P45s

Ginger83 wrote: »
    $$$$$$$$ & 2 P45s

You think the other fella should be sacked for holding his legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Hung around with the guy doing the throwing for a few years but that was many moons ago. He did MMA for a few years and that's a throw you learn. He was bullied for years as he has a severe eye sight condition which only allows him to see a few foot in front of him. Used to be a genuinely nice guy and that would be completely out of character. Still though the throw looks like it was unwarranted.

Hung around with the guy doing the throwing for a few years but that was many moons ago. He did MMA for a few years and that's a throw you learn. He was bullied for years as he has a severe eye sight condition which only allows him to see a few foot in front of him. Used to be a genuinely nice guy and that would be completely out of character. Still though the throw looks like it was unwarranted.

A headlock takedown? You see it in every school yard up and down the country it’s hardly Bruce lee territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Ginger83

You think the other fella should be sacked for holding his legs?

He assisted an unprovoked assault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That doesn't look like appropriate force at all... that lad will be dismissed and the assaulted will be compensated.

Nothing about that person assualted or their demeanour looked threatening.

Wannabe hard man in a hi viz... prick

Looking at that, the Luas bloke is sacked and the young guy has money coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's a Judo throw, Koshi Guruma. Nice one to use when you're restraining someone because it wraps their head in your arm and chest so you can control it and avoid smacking their noggin off the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭misterme123

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Inspector was a classic wannabe hard man here - Itching to use all the MMA moves he saw on the telly.

This is how anyone with half a brain would interpret the video.

Yes, the red line luas is full of scumbags, but people on here banging on about scrotes and scobies obviously aren't very good at spotting them.

This is how anyone with half a brain would interpret the video.

Yes, the red line luas is full of scumbags, but people on here banging on about scrotes and scobies obviously aren't very good at spotting them.

Time for a real rain. Year zero Pol Pot style. Except that people with glasses and people who speak French should NOT be targeted!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Time for a real rain.
    you know travis bickle was not being portrayed as a sympathetic character?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Where is the MMA moves on the luas when it's not a small youngfella????
    Where is the ticket inspector when real scumbags are on the luas bothering the rest of us?

I need mcgregor and khabib, along with tadhg furlong to rescue me on the red line some days.

theguzman wrote: »
    I saw the video on facebook, looked to me like the individual was perhaps trying to commit suicide as the other tram was approaching and tthe security restrained him for safety.

I think you are looking at a different video to the one I watched.

Advertisement