Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA travel expenses/additional training

• 25-09-2019 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've just started a new SNA job. I've been asked to attend hospital education training for a child under my care with a specific illness. Will need to do a four hour round trip to the hospital and training is outside my normal working hours.
    Do SNA's usually get travel expenses for a one off situation like this and pay for time at the course? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

CallaLily wrote: »
    I've just started a new SNA job. I've been asked to attend hospital education training for a child under my care with a specific illness. Will need to do a four hour round trip to the hospital and training is outside my normal working hours.
    Do SNA's usually get travel expenses for a one off situation like this and pay for time at the course? TIA

There’s nothing actually written down about something like this but any half decent principal would pay your travel expenses. Payment for overtime would be time in lieu again reliant on Principal. Have you asked about it. You’ll get nothing as an SNA from the Dept of Education, any monies paid to you will come from school funds.

Advertisement