Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 - Wife hit by bus

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It's not going to be couched in those terms or how could one legally sit in traffic.

Thank you. So it seems a grey area of what going slow or too slow is on the motorway. Can you be charged with driving too slowly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bus left the scene of accident, police should be very interested.

Speed limit 120 there? Are the busses not limited to 90?

M50 for most part is 100km/h limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

How you get the guards interested in this is tell them the bus had no tax, then they'll be all over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭bobbyss

If you are on the M7 two lanes driving along in left lane at 60 or 70k would drivers consider that too slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

bobbyss wrote: »
    If you are on the M7 two lanes driving along in left lane at 60 or 70k would drivers consider that too slow?

Does it matter?

OP, did your wife get back onto the Gardaí?
    The bus did leave the scene of an accident (even if it might have been unwittingly)
    I'd have though the Gardaí would have very little difficulty in getti g the reg of the bus, (with a description of the bus - the approx time and location)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Whenever your bus is 15 tonnes and the engine is roaring on a motorway, you simply cant feel or hear minor things. Especially on the rear. You also cant see everything that may be happening on all 4 sides.
    Im sure , like every story of a collision, there are 3 sides to the story. Before everyone gets the rope out to hang the bus driver.

Seated none standing buses limit is 100kph on motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Whenever your bus is 15 tonnes and the engine is roaring on a motorway, you simply cant feel or hear minor things. Especially on the rear. You also cant see everything that may be happening on all 4 sides.
    Im sure , like every story of a collision, there are 3 sides to the story. Before everyone gets the rope out to hang the bus driver.

Seated none standing buses limit is 100kph on motorway.

Either the driver knowingly fled the scene of the accident or,

Was driving so carelessly and dangerously that he didn't even notice a high speed collision.

Neither is acceptable from any professional driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Either the driver knowingly fled the scene of the accident or,

Was driving so carelessly and dangerously that he didn't even notice a high speed collision.

Neither is acceptable from any professional driver.

No doubt that he left the scene, and shouldn't have, but he may not have known,
    Do we have to get on our high horses about it...?
    He may or may not have been the cause of the incident...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

GBX wrote: »
    M50 for most part is 100km/h limit.
    True but on the section in question, i.e. between junctions 15 and 16, it's 120km/h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

If she's going below the speed limit she shouldn't have been in the middle lane....

boards.ie in a nutshell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

If southbound the speed was down to 80k, wednesday last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

GDPR is not what you seem to think it is. Its doesn't relate to private data.

that's not accurate I am afraid

GDPR doesn't define "private data". It does say that GDPR does not apply to

"the processing of personal data by a natural person in the course of a purely personal or household activity;"

However, guidance has issued around that which describes this data as things like keeping a diary of your families appointments etc

To say that GDPR doesn't apply to a private individual is just plain wrong. This idea has popped up on boards a few times.

If you are recording footage via a dashcam you could well be considered a data controller.

The DPC has issued guidance on dashcams

https://www.dataprotection.ie/sites/default/files/uploads/2019-06/190606%20Guidance%20for%20Drivers%20on%20the%20use%20of%20Dash%20Cams.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If she's going below the speed limit she shouldn't have been in the middle lane....

I hope you're not suggesting that slower drivers should hog my undertaking lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

sdanseo wrote: »
    Ah seriously get over it. In a non injury collision that is precisely the correct advise, get out of dodge, get off the motorway, don't become an obstacle either blocking or on the shoulder of a 100km/h+ road unless you absolutely have to. If both vehicles are reasonably undamaged and there are no injuries this is just basic common sense.

Unless there is a need for them Gardaí will not and should not attend RTCs. The damage is a civil matter and their purpose in doing so is the safety of other people - i.e. so that the 100,000 people who managed not to crash that day don't hit the obstruction.

In the US these signs are very common

https://twitter.com/NHPSouthernComm/status/971967243343900674/photo/1

Failing to stop after being involved in a collision is not just a civil matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bramblesTitus

Done my NCT (passed) early this morning in NorthPoint near the M50. A single decker brown bus pulled out in front of me. I instantly remembered this thread. Its a Clayton Hotels courtesy bus bringing guests to the airport I imagine. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@ OP plenty to pick from (including the previous post mentioned above this)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishbuses/with/37986743094/

Advertisement