Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryan Tubridy comments about Greta Thunberg

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Serious discussion only please. Posts deleted.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

crossman47 wrote: »
    All very commendable but at what cost to herself? That's all Tubridy was asking and I agree with him. I was horrified at the pained look on her face. A child feeling like that should be comforted and not used as a campaigner.

She seems to be loving it. What Tubbs said was dismissive and condescending.
    He wouldn't have the neck to say same about malala yousafzai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

SNIP. No insults please.

She seems to be loving it. What Tubbs said was dismissive and condescending.
    He wouldn't have the neck to say same about malala yousafzai.

I beg to disagree. He spoke as a parent. I fear for that poor girl. Such fear and despair shouldn’t be played on. She’s very vulnerable and needs caring for.

I beg to disagree. He spoke as a parent. I fear for that poor girl. Such fear and despair shouldn’t be played on. She’s very vulnerable and needs caring for.

I don't believe he did. I think he was trying to get beyond the trend. He's an old curmudgeon since he began broadcasting. I think he's looking to be noticed.
    Did he say the same about malala yousafzai? I think it's more the topic and current trend than her age. It's cool to knock the kid.

• Advertisement

I don't believe he did. I think he was trying to get beyond the trend. He's an old curmudgeon since he began broadcasting. I think he's looking to be noticed.
    Did he say the same about malala yousafzai? I think it's more the topic and current trend than her age. It's cool to knock the kid.

There is NO comparison between Greta and Malala. Malala doesn’t have Asperger’s syndrome. Malala was the victim of an attempted murder.

I don’t think Ryan was in the least concerned with the topic, more with a vulnerable child being exploited and visibly upset when talking about her fears for the future.

There is NO comparison between Greta and Malala. Malala doesn’t have Asperger’s syndrome. Malala was the victim of an attempted murder.

I don’t think Ryan was in the least concerned with the topic, more with a vulnerable child being exploited and visibly upset when talking about her fears for the future.

So people with Asperger's shouldn't be treated like others?
    Malala was a kid doing the rounds. The only difference was one was talking about education, the other environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is NO comparison between Greta and Malala. Malala doesn’t have Asperger’s syndrome.
    Right, there you go. The difference is the Asperger's.

So Ryan was just being insanely ignorant. Case closed.

You're displaying the same ignorance. Feigning concern for her welfare. Calling her vulnerable and exploited. You don't know that. You have no idea if she is. You're making assumptions that you absolutely cannot verify. Having Asperger's doesn't make one vulnerable, or disabled or ill.

Advertisement