Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Servant - Apple TV+ Original (***Spoilers***) M Night Shyamalan

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.5: What the f*ck! 😲

I was like.. maybe the homeless kids protected her but I dunno. It looks like she was caught.

She's definitely taken some kind of head wound.

I just thought they were doing some kind of feel good episode.

Nothing had really felt like it was going to develop this season let alone this early in the season.

Maybe she's going to be different now.

6: Well everythings just getting a little bit creepy. Some revelations though it felt like

So the homeless kids did protect her

Seems to be another side of whatever thing she's a part of

Maybe that means there could be 2 kind gangs/armies fighting at some point

The most intense scene though had to be when

Leanne laid into the Minister lady. At first I though she had hurt a kid but from the talking I assume it was the Ministers mother who was smaller than the minister, as Leanne put it

Couldn't figure out what that thing Dorothy put into the cot with the Baby was.

From googling, I think it was a Baby Shusher:

video from their youtube:

Baby Shusher In Action

3.7: I dunno.. each creepy music moment and each twist just.. well didn't seem to land for me.

For most of them I was like .. yeah.. eh.. this is Servant.. this thing that just happened is like .. one of those things that happens in Servant.

So.. maybe a filler episode..

maybe to hint

that Leanne has control over her powers

3.8: I mean.. it's already out there that this show is getting another season so like.. at this point I'm looking at this and thinking

this is them showing that Leanne has a bunch of powers

unless it's her friends/followers/whatevers going doing the stuff for her.. but that shooting and Jeremy was lined up from before Leanne knew about the reporter woman just trying to get info out of her

and of course.. Shyamalan so maybe it's all just coincidence or something completely different

• Advertisement

3.9: That was a clever one. I don't know what's going on or where the show is going but thought that was funny.

Yeah that was supposed to be horror but knowing it's got a next season still has the stakes feeling low.

The one takeaway I got though was

the dude from from Leannes gang in the park disappearing and his bloody clothes turning up.

I assume the other gang have arrived in force

3.10: Oh no! 😲

Damn that fall was shockin! Definitely broken arms and legs but.. maybe a spinal break too.

Maybe Dorothy stuck bed-bound for the rest of the series.

Looks like boths sides on the Leanne teams thing are gathered.

Gotta be some big reveals coming next season.. looks like a big showdown too.

Well.. that's the season finale. Next season is the final season!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 teaser

Season starts on Friday thee 13th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 full trailer

Starts Friday the 13th of January.

4.1: Well. I sure was glad there was a recap at the start 🙂

I don't know what happened this episode. Just that it all happened. I don't know if it was good or bad.

Maybe they're going to reveal a bit more. Kinda seemed like they were hinting/going at it in this episode.

Big showdown looks like it's closer.

Leanne having powers seems like a certainty.

Just to have the showdown.

Not sure what's going on with the family or Dorothy. Hiding her like that seemed odd.

• Advertisement

4.2: I don't know what's going on. Everythings escalating though... I think.. right? .. right?😦

4.3: Hmmmm... this show is starting to get verrrry interesting. Hoping this is actually going somewhere.

Seems like Leanne was dreaming and Bobbi was seancing a paralell world or dimension or something.

Oh! Hmmm.. I just remembered Lost had a smoke creature. This one looks different though.

Could be reveals coming up. Seems like the wrapping is coming off this season.. maybe .. i dunno.. I don't have a clue! 😁

4.4: Halloween! 😲 So..

That kids arm getting broken! 😲

Since Sean is joining up with Dorothy.. it sounds like they might end up trying to kill Leanne like how Leanne descibed at the seance.

Though.. now I'm wondering if Dorothy was turned to that other group while she was away for the few months.

4.5: Big!

Big Hole in the ground! It's definitely her. She's definitely got powers right? Maybe psionicist? I dunno.

Feels more like a buckle-in story at this point. I might not know what's about to happen but it feels like .. maybe .. the rollercoaster isn't too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched the season 4 episode Neighbours earlier.

Dorothy is looking out the window at Leanne in the park with her followers. She says to Sean “they are living in the park now?” And then asks him who they all are. He tells her they left the other cult to join Leanne.

But doesn’t Dorothy already know about the park people? They were there a long time.

I'm not sure. Did they call the cops to clear the park at one point?

Could that be something to do with it? Is she remembering that?

4.6: Did crazy stuff happen? Yes! Did they reveal stuff? Yes! Do I still have no clue what's going on? Yes! 😁

I'm guessing yer wan got bit by the snake or spider and that it wasn't Leanne who did anything this time. Unless she controlled the snake/spider. Though the animals behaviour towards her earlier suggested they weren't fond of her. Liked the symbology I'm guessing they were going with by using the horned goats.

Anyway.. time to get funky! 😁

Funkytown · Lipps Inc.

4.7: Well. That was a turn of events!

So.... I'mmmmm gonna stick with Leanne having powers and now there's gonna be big showdown where they come out was Sean and Julian get really in her face.

4.8: 😲

Julian!

and 😲

Sean

and 😨

The church people

and 😱

Dorothy! "It's just you and me now"

This is it! This has to be the season! 😨

4.9: Outstanding episode! Great performance out of Lauren Ambrose as Dorothy!

That was some face acting at the very end and the two hands on each of her shoulders! What a scene! What a cliffhanger to end on!

Great scenes with all three of them after the memory reveal of what had happened to Jericho and ending outside on their knees in the rain.

Checked the wiki.. Next episode is the season and series finale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

I enjoyed the finale and the twist at the end.

But based on IMDB scores and reactions on Twitter a lot of people did not like the conclusion.

Well. So that was the end of Servant. Overall, I'm a bit mixed.

The acting and the film making was consistently at a good level through all four seasons.

The story though, while it was explored an awful lot, didn't feel properly revealed in the end.

The show did have some really good psychological episodes though, I'll give it that!

4.10: Well. I didn't see the twist coming but I was expecting more. Unless there's something more planned.

Like... something had to happen and Leanne following the ritual steps that had been described made sense.

Just that, I was kinda expecting some more revelation about her.

That Julian is now one of them and probably had been since the overdose.. yeah that was well done. I'd say even some people if they had really been into the show and thinking in the right way about it.. I bet they might have guessed it.

Well so anyway.. what next..

Future: I'd guess another show could be made as a spin-off. Don't think they'd get away with another long drawn out one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

Found this very uninspiring at the end. The twist as you say, was not a real twist for me as it never offered any insight into the story. I think like many of these series, it went on too long, they panicked and forced an ending that felt incomplete. Felt sorry for the actors as I think they did an excellent job, but the script went very much downhill. Where was the father in the end? Why bring Toby back for the cameo? I think Mr. Shyamalan is existing on previous efforts only at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Season 1 & 4 were really good. Found the other two going round in circles. Leanne (Nell Tiger Free WTF) came into her own on the last season. Grint played a good role.

Advertisement