Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheet for cot help neesed

Options
  • 22-09-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

After an horrific incident involving my 14 month old getting the fitted sheet off the mattress and getting it wrapped around his neck and head ( which I’m still super upset over) I need advice on what sheet I could put on mattress that I won’t have a repeat of this ???
    Any ideas or advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Could you get a single sheet,maybe double it widthwise and wrap it around the matress as many times as it will go?
    Make sure there's the width of the matress underneath it rather than a tucked in edge that can be pulled loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    After an horrific incident involving my 14 month old getting the fitted sheet off the mattress and getting it wrapped around his neck and head ( which I’m still super upset over) I need advice on what sheet I could put on mattress that I won’t have a repeat of this ???
    Any ideas or advise

Oh my god you poor thing!!

How about a duvet cover? I'd imagine a single bed one would be too big but a cot duvet cover might work.... You could also alter a single one if you're handy with needle and thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Oh my god you poor thing!!

How about a duvet cover? I'd imagine a single bed one would be too big but a cot duvet cover might work.... You could also alter a single one if you're handy with needle and thread?

Thanks for the replies I actually got the fright of my life ! That’s a really good idea never thought of that , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Highroad12

Is it for a cot or cot bed? I bought the cleva mama ones or aldi and haven't had a problem with them. If you are that worried though leave the mattress with no sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you them in a grobag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Can you stitch the fitted sheet to the mattress itself?

I have him in a growbag and just took the sheet off the mattress just think the mattress is not as soft as with a sheet on it . He is actually such a little scamp he pulls the end of the mattress up and gets at the sheet that way

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

So toddler duvet covers fit on a cot bed mattress perfectly and zip at the end. We use them as I was too cheap to buy more sheets!

maxsmum wrote: »
    So toddler duvet covers fit on a cot bed mattress perfectly and zip at the end. We use them as I was too cheap to buy more sheets!

Ah that’s great thanks ! Will get some tomorrow, can you remember where you bought them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Ah that’s great thanks ! Will get some tomorrow, can you remember where you bought them ??

Argos have them usually. Next definitely have them too, if you order before 11 from next you’ll get them tomorrow!

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    Argos have them usually. Next definitely have them too, if you order before 11 from next you’ll get them tomorrow!

Thanks so much very appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Mamas and Papas fitted sheets are great they seem to be a bit bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Sostrene grene have the best toddler duvet sets, also look good as sheets!

Just an update I got elastic sheet straps that clip to the sheet in jysk only €4 there are great if anyone else has the same troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thought of your post today when I was fitting the new cotbed sheets. A little annoyed but ordered some Mamas and Papas cotbed sheets as two I got before were great, plenty of room in them. They really cover the entire mattress with plenty to spare to cover underneath. But got there cotbed bundle and the sheets are way to small could pop up and do what happened to you... Glad you got sorted in the end, can say their sheets that you pay more for are great but not the bundle set

Advertisement