Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Doctor filled out disability allowance form without me

• 18-09-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm applying for disability allowance because I think my disability is making employers wary to employ me and I could use some help now I'm back at college.

My old doctor retired last month and my first time meeting my new doctor was last week when I went in with the form. He took the form from me and said he couldn't fill it out now because he had other patients to see and told me to pick it up from him in a week.

I picked up the form today and my extra medical reports and he sent me away again, when I checked the form he has not written in my address, how long I've been his patient. He just ticked the box for not pregnant but he never asked me if I was and he filled out and understated how my condition affects me, he just ticked normal for every ability but my disability affects my speech, writing and walk etc.

He has never given me a physical exam.

Does anyone if this will effect how I'm assessed for disability allowance? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

if your doctor has ticked that your disability doesnt affect your abilities then youd be unlikely to be approved for disability, id call and insist the for be filled out while you are there as this doctor clearly does not know you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

It’s very unlikely you’ll be approved if your doctor said you weren’t affected in any way by your disability. I would recommend getting on to them ASAP about this. DA is difficult to get and can take a year or more in many cases.

Advertisement