Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseeker's benefit: is it normal to sign a declaration?

Options
  • 15-09-2019 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have not been able to find any job since many months. I have looked very hard and did many interviews but no luck. I have hundreds of emails. Been living in Dublin. Recently the S.W. office sent me a mail to meet with them in two weeks. I just met with them last month they sent me a notification too! This time they enclosed a form for me to sign, it is a declaration that I have been indeed looking for work, will provide evidence, I am fit and able to work...
    Is this normal? Do they select people they are doubting? Won't they simply believe me if I provide evidence. I am 100% honest but been trying hard and this makes it seem all this is my fault not finding a job?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes normal.

Expect them to look for actual records of jobs you have applied for next.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 offalymike

So that declaration form with signature is sent to probably everyone? It looks they are just gathering evidence otherwise why won't they just believe someone who provides all evidence. What if they doubt you for no reason or believe you are working somehow (NOT MY CASE) but just use it to bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Totally normal (make sure you have evidence of all the jobs you are applying for and bring to the meeting).

I was on JSB for the first time ever last year, was only on it for a few months but had to meet with the Local employment service every month and show my efforts/take courses etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

offalymike wrote: »
    So that declaration form with signature is sent to probably everyone? It looks they are just gathering evidence otherwise why won't they just believe someone who provides all evidence. What if they doubt you for no reason or believe you are working somehow (NOT MY CASE) but just use it to bully.

You are overthinking. If you want to get state financial assistance then there are going to be terms and conditions attached.
    You are entering into a contract with the department.
    If you don’t understand what you are signing even after reading it then you’ll have to ask them to explain it to you, and if your still not happy then just forget about Jobseekers.

offalymike wrote: »
    I have not been able to find any job since many months. I have looked very hard and did many interviews but no luck. I have hundreds of emails. Been living in Dublin. Recently the S.W. office sent me a mail to meet with them in two weeks. I just met with them last month they sent me a notification too! This time they enclosed a form for me to sign, it is a declaration that I have been indeed looking for work, will provide evidence, I am fit and able to work...
    Is this normal? Do they select people they are doubting? Won't they simply believe me if I provide evidence. I am 100% honest but been trying hard and this makes it seem all this is my fault not finding a job?!

It’s perfectly normal. They might be able to identify why you’re failing to get a job even though you’re getting interviews. There may be some upskilling courses available that might improve your chances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement