Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting

Options
  • 12-09-2019 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, I got two cautions two years ago. The first one was for trespassing property and a few months later I got a second one for being caught out late and running away from the Guards when they approached me. I was underage (15) when both cautions were given. Now 2 years later I’m hoping they are removed from my record.

I’m in leaving cert and I want to study medicine next year and I’m wondering will it affect my entry in the course? As in will it show up in Garda vetting and will it affect me working with children & vulnerable adults?

Next year when I get garda vetted it would have been 3 years that I got the cautions. I’m asking because I heard certain cautions can affect your future career choice such as working with children & vulnerable adults.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

this info is pretty easy to find online, but to answer your questions, No, you're fine to get vetted, cautions are not disclosed and it won't affect your entry to a course in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Only convictions show up on Garda vetting. You have no convictions. It would show up on Pulse for Garda use, but not fir vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fanaticfooty

Thank you! I’m glad to hear so ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fanaticfooty

Thanks I appreciate it!

Advertisement