Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Bluetooth

• 07-09-2019 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I bought an 06 Ford Focus recently and it has the phone button on the radio. When I press it it just mutes the radio , the Bluetooth in the setting is switched to on but won’t connect to my phone , any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Normally when there’s no Bluetooth module in the radio it does what you’re describing,

When you say the Bluetooth is switched on, is that on your phone?

I’d say your car doesn’t have the module.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Normally when there’s no Bluetooth module in the radio it does what you’re describing,

When you say the Bluetooth is switched on, is that on your phone?

I’d say your car doesn’t have the module.

Well when I go to settings in the car radio , I’ve the option to turn BT on or off so just for that reason I assumed the car has Bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ok, then you may have it, if you can’t find it on your phone then the radio probably has too many phones paired to it.

Are you familiar with how to work that unit, you’re looking for an option called “debond” which is Fordspeak for unpair. It’s a long time since I’ve used one.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ok, then you may have it, if you can’t find it on your phone then the radio probably has too many phones paired to it.

Are you familiar with how to work that unit, you’re looking for an option called “debond” which is Fordspeak for unpair. It’s a long time since I’ve used one.

I can’t find anything like that in the settings , there’s not too many options. It makes no sense to me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Some of those ford cars around that period have the phone button but don't have the bluetooth connectivity.

• Advertisement

Some of those ford cars around that period have the phone button but don't have the bluetooth connectivity.

Cheers. Can’t figure out why there’s a Bluetooth on/off setting then though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Cheers. Can’t figure out why there’s a Bluetooth on/off setting then though

There is but it doesn't work. I am not sure what the reason is. Maybe the radios installed didn't have it in that batch of cars or they only put it on higher spec models.

The same radios are in later specs and have the bluetooth functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If you go on to Ford Etis site and register as an indi, you can input your vin number and it "should" tell you what your car has and has not got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

If there's a voice button on the end of the radio controls behind the steering wheel it has bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

There is but it doesn't work. I am not sure what the reason is. Maybe the radios installed didn't have it in that batch of cars or they only put it on higher spec models.

The same radios are in later specs and have the bluetooth functionality.

Hi,
    Just to inform you guys the bluetooth module is a separate unit which is fitted on a bracket above the glovebox underneath the dashboard,
    As saw in my guide for fitting an aftermarket headunit
    https://www.fordownersclub.com/topic/63689-guide-fitting-aftermarket-headunit-mk25-focus-2008-2011/
    I removed mine and sold it on Ebay sometime ago when I went full aftermarket on my focus,
    Unfortunately it's not as simple as plug&play if fitting yourself you then need ford software to access the GEM (General Electronic Module) to install a software patch which then allows that specific bluetooth module to communicate with your specific headunit,
    The era of bluetooth doesn't support music streaming via bluetooth it only supports calls, ford should have updated the module as part of the facelift in 2008.

Also mondeo equipment looks identical to the focus and it is but the software built inside is different,

Heres my full list of guides for any 2005-2011 focus owner

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

Overall the easiest way for you to know for sure you have bluetooth is;
    If you get a flat head screwdriver or dinner knife and pop down the front courtesy light unit as though your changing the bulb,
    Then using your phone; put your phone in there and take a picture
    If you can see a microphone fitted in the grill then your focus has or should have the bluetooth module also fitted,

Thanks for reading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement