Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Survivor: Island of the Idols

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did that series of survivor end up being a very good one or was it just controversial as it seemed to instigate a fair amount of discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Did that series of survivor end up being a very good one or was it just controversial as it seemed to instigate a fair amount of discussion?

I had to check the cast list to remember who else was in it because Russell was so forgetable.
    It was a really good premise Champions v Contenders with some great competitors on both sides. Good rivalry and all round good sportsmanship.
    I really enjoyed it. On the whole survivior AU is very good I find.

I enjoyed what I've seen of Australian survivor. It's just that a) between US survivor, US big brother, Canadian big brother, US amazing race, Canadian amazing race, Australian my kitchen rules and UK the circle I was not able to squeeze it in this year and b) the last season I watched had far too many episodes for my liking which is the Australian way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

I like that it has more episodes tbh. I find in the US version I barely know the players and don't really care who wins a lot of the time. With the aussies you are rooting for certain people for weeks before the finale.
    I watch what you watch except The Circle (don't have C4 and cant find it online) Canadian BB (tried one episode, of the Space Rocket themed year and just couldn't warm to it) and MKR. I do watch The Challenge as well and Love Island :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If you'd shown me a picture of that winner before the final I would have struggled to tell you the name. Joke of a winner. Interesting season though I was never bored watching it, bring on Survivor 40!

EDIT: Whoever thought of making that firemaking challenge mandatory at the end compared to the usual snooze-fest gets a gold star aswell, its so tense. Now brig back the Survivor Auction challenge (and the cursed car) :D

• Advertisement

Not sure how you wouldn't be able to identify Tommy in the build up to the finale, he looked like the front runner from very early in the game and a deserved winner imo.

On a separate note, I would not consume too much media on YouTube but when it comes to survivor and big brother content I do enjoy peridiams videos. His review of the season echo my own thoughts.

https://youtu.be/LoXDBbHwOE4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

pooch90 wrote: »
    Forgot that! Didnt he even wear the idol during the tribal??

I believe so, now you say that.

Advertisement