Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swords to Cushendall on public transport

Options
  • 23-08-2019 10:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

Hi all.

I have a very important appointment on Monday afternoon at 3pm sharp in Cushendall Co. Antrim.

I live in Swords and do not drive. I use public transport via Leap card. What is the best way to get from Swords to Cushednall on public transport and what time will I have to leave at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

deveyop wrote: »
    Hi all.

I have a very important appointment on Monday afternoon at 3pm sharp in Cushendall Co. Antrim.

I live in Swords and do not drive. I use public transport via Leap card. What is the best way to get from Swords to Cushednall on public transport and what time will I have to leave at?

It would be some trek. Train to belfast, bus to larne, bus to cushendall

Or train to belfast, then train to ballymena and taxi but it'd be expensive..

Not an easy place to get to on public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The simple option is BUS, TRAIN, BUS but that leaves at 6:40AM and arrives 11:30AM. Rather early.

If you want to go later its BUS, BUS, TRAIN, BUS which starts to get into transfer/delay nightmare territory.

Its all on https://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 deveyop

ED E wrote: »
    The simple option is BUS, TRAIN, BUS but that leaves at 6:40AM and arrives 11:30AM. Rather early.

If you want to go later its BUS, BUS, TRAIN, BUS which starts to get into transfer/delay nightmare territory.

Its all on

So what bus to where, what train to where and then what bus to where?

What time would I need to leave to get there by 3pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

So what bus to where, what train to where and then what bus to where?

What time would I need to leave to get there by 3pm?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=swords+to+cushendall

Click on the train icon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Hi all.

An important appointment.... IN CUSHENDALL ? What is in Cushendall hahah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

ED E wrote: »

Its all on https://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie

Frankly I’d supplement that with the planner on www.translink.co.uk as there have been some serious bugs in the past with Northern Ireland journeys on the Irish planner.

For Monday it recommends getting a 0930 train from Dublin Connolly to Belfast Lanyon Place (formerly Belfast Central); change trains to Larne and change to a bus from Larne Bus Station to Cushendall, arriving 1352.

Advertisement