Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Heliotherm installers

• 21-08-2019 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭ Mad_Lad

Can anyone recommend me installers of heliotherm Heat pumps ?

I’m interested in the ground water pump, super efficient but can’t get anyone I called so far to be bothered to call out or call me back, obviously too busy....

Will be a retrofit heating lots of rads , rads are large and 2 x double rads in kitchen dining area , conservatory, sitting room , master bedroom and upstairs attic.

Insulation , walls Pumped and average in attic could be better but it is what it is. Can always do better later the heating is priority and in need of replacement badly so that is priority.

Plan eventually is to install solar pv to help offset the running costs of the heating + running the house charging the car etc.

What is the grant worth , that’s if I qualify ?

I just need people who will bother to call me back or call out to give quote etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,177 ✭✭✭✭ KCross

Mad_Lad wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend me installers of heliotherm Heat pumps ?

Did you try Ashgrove Renewables? Not sure if they do that specific brand but they might.
    https://www.ashgrove.ie

Mad_Lad wrote: »
    I’m interested in the ground water pump, super efficient...

Will be a retrofit heating lots of rads , rads are large and 2 x double rads in kitchen dining area , conservatory, sitting room , master bedroom and upstairs attic.

You realise that you will lose a large chunk of that efficiency by using steel rads as your heat distribution and probably reduced life span on your compressor as the HP will be cycling on/off alot more and that will lead to premature wear.

Is installing underfloor heating out of the question?
    If it is, consider replacing the rads with oversized aluminium rads and have a large buffer tank to reduce cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭ Mad_Lad

KCross wrote: »
    Did you try Ashgrove Renewables? Not sure if they do that specific brand but they might.
    https://www.ashgrove.ie

No didn't try them, their site doesn't mention Heliotherm at all.

KCross wrote: »
    You realise that you will lose a large chunk of that efficiency by using steel rads as your heat distribution and probably reduced life span on your compressor as the HP will be cycling on/off alot more and that will lead to premature wear.

Is installing underfloor heating out of the question?
    If it is, consider replacing the rads with oversized aluminium rads and have a large buffer tank to reduce cycling.

Yes I know it's not going to be as efficient as underfloor , I did call a company in Galway and the jist is that the pump will be sized to ensure it's not cutting in and out all the time but on more than off, if I remember correctly.

All the rads will be changed. Underfloor isn't possible.

If I can offset some energy with Solar PV and have night rate electricity and can keep the cost below oil I might be happy although the cost of the HP is significant, a future FIT will hopefully become available making solar PV a lot more attractive.

It's a long term investment for sure , spending around 1000-1400 a year on oil. + electricity , solar PV can meet part of that in the future.

Yes not as good as new A rated build but I fear the cost of oil in a few years time.

The Boiler is fine so in reality all I need to do is change the rads and have some form of electronic control, definitely a lot cheaper.

If the SAEI do not approve the grant that will make it more expensive, something else to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ zoom_cool

Did you get the Heliotherm installer in the end sorry for posting in a old thread

Advertisement