Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Alternatives to golfbidder?

• 21-08-2019 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

Are there any good alternatives to golfbidder for second hand clubs? Other than ebay and adverts that is.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭ slave1

golfclubs4cash, I know they are on ebay but they are a big enough outfit, I've got stuff off them in the past with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭ Dbu

Are there any good alternatives to golfbidder for second hand clubs? Other than ebay and adverts that is.

Honestly, I have tried a good few of them.
    Yet to find one that is as good as golfbidder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ThunderCat

I've heard of golfbidder alright but not actually used it before. Is it reasonable enough price wise getting stuff shipped to Ireland? Do you get stung with customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭ billy3sheets

ThunderCat wrote: »
    I've heard of golfbidder alright but not actually used it before. Is it reasonable enough price wise getting stuff shipped to Ireland? Do you get stung with customs?
    About 10€ to ship to Ireland. No customs issues but you might want to hurry up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭ tvercetti

Youtubers Rich Shiels and Peter Finch have a few videos up where they spend £500 each in Golfbidder and compete against eachother.

I always thought it would be a good idea for a thread. Users build there own bag on Golfbidder for a set price and get abused on here for there choices.

Might also work as a good guide for when new players who come on questioning whether to get a new cheap set or a decent second hand set. They'd get a good idea what second hand clubs to look out for and whats a reasonable amount to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭ big_drive

I’m out of the game a few years but will be back at it shortly so was browsing golfbidder as I want a new driver & hybrid

I’ve used it previously about 5/6 years ago and I remember the clubs were actually better than their ratings back then, a 6-7 rating was immaculate. Presume this is still the case

They’re a bit more pricey but the service is excellent. Plus you’ve a few days to send back club for full refund if not happy which could be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭ Season 2

Yeah for golfbidder if you get a 7 they are in great shape, an 8 or a 9 is basically new with the packaging off, maybe hit a couple of times for an 8 and not hit at all for a 9.

golfclubs4cash are pretty good too, i've only dealt with them a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

I bought some clubs from golfclubs4cash. I haven't hit them yet but the condition was listed as 7/10 and I am very pleased with their condition. They seem to be a bit cheaper than golfbidder as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭ Euphoriasean

big_drive wrote: »
    I’m out of the game a few years but will be back at it shortly so was browsing golfbidder as I want a new driver & hybrid

I’ve used it previously about 5/6 years ago and I remember the clubs were actually better than their ratings back then, a 6-7 rating was immaculate. Presume this is still the case

They’re a bit more pricey but the service is excellent. Plus you’ve a few days to send back club for full refund if not happy which could be handy

Yeah definitely a markup on private ebay/adverts listing. Some stuff is definately overpriced but have bought from them before. They give you peace of mind but I tend to go for the value you'll find from private sales. I think adverts is serious value, usually better than ebay and if you buy local you get to see the clubs before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭ Ceepo

I purchased a club for Golfmarket.ie a few weeks ago.

Taylormade M3 rescue for €122. Not sure if this was compared well with other sites. Shipping was €6.50
    Club was as described and delivered the next day.
    I would recommend them.

https://www.golfmarket.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭ Hoboo

Yeah definitely a markup on private ebay/adverts listing. Some stuff is definately overpriced but have bought from them before. They give you peace of mind but I tend to go for the value you'll find from private sales. I think adverts is serious value, usually better than ebay and if you buy local you get to see the clubs before you buy.

Golfbidder guarantee authentic goods, they don't buy unless they can. Or sell. That, try and return, and choice I think justify an extra fee quid. Plenty of junk on adverts and eBay and you wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 benji79

Anyone used Golfbidder recently?

I saw somewhere that no customs etc due for Irish customers but wondering how’s that possible?

Their prices are gone fairly high looking too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭ Deeper Blue

benji79 wrote: »
    Anyone used Golfbidder recently?

I saw somewhere that no customs etc due for Irish customers but wondering how’s that possible?

Their prices are gone fairly high looking too

I've used it in the last week and can confirm there's no customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 benji79

Brilliant thanks.

There’s cheaper uk sites plus eBay uk. But they will all incur customs & vat if over €150 so it probably works out at same as final cost from Golfbidder anyway.

Anyone know any other good second hand options for Irish customers? Besides the obvious adverts & DoneDeal

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭ billy3sheets

https://www.golfmarket.ie/
    Limited stock but some decent clubs at good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ MarcusP12

I've used it in the last week and can confirm there's no customs charges.

Any idea why no customs were due? Did they sort it out their end and is that clear from their site before buying? I’d be a bit apprehensive buying from any uk based site these days without knowing where I stand on customs....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭ Deeper Blue

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Any idea why no customs were due? Did they sort it out their end and is that clear from their site before buying? I’d be a bit apprehensive buying from any uk based site these days without knowing where I stand on customs....

There's a note about it on the site, they say they'll cover all charges and that the price listed is the price you'll pay. So I wouldn't hesitate in using it. Was a bit apprehensive myself also.

slave1 wrote: »
    golfclubs4cash, I know they are on ebay but they are a big enough outfit, I've got stuff off them in the past with no issues

I've used them before alright and seem to be a little bit cheaper than golfbidder....do they sort the customs upfront like golfbidder i wonder? I've looked at items on ebay recently and they don't seem to have any customs taxes compared to other uk sellers when you check the pricing but maybe i'm reading that wrong.....what i've found before is that if you go through their website direct (only seems to work through iphone or tablet though) you can use a 10% discount code for "new" customers who sign up to their news letter.....doesnt seem to work on their ebay site for some reason when i tried it....

i had a good experience with them before....got a driver off them but the shaft snapped....sent them a pic and they sent out another shaft of my choice from their stock below a certain reasonable price without hesitation.....would defo recommend them, potential customs aside....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭ Luckycharm

benji79 wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks.

There’s cheaper uk sites plus eBay uk. But they will all incur customs & vat if over €150 so it probably works out at same as final cost from Golfbidder anyway.

Anyone know any other good second hand options for Irish customers? Besides the obvious adverts & DoneDeal

The golf studio at Celbridge Driving range is the best second store I have been in, they have loads of sets and individual clubs there. You can try them out on the Range as well. Think they have a page on Facebook. Think they are on Adverts as well.

Luckycharm wrote: »
    The golf studio at Celbridge Driving range is the best second store I have been in, they have loads of sets and individual clubs there. You can try them out on the Range as well. Think they have a page on Facebook. Think they are on Adverts as well.

Yep, i've dealt with Derek a couple of times and he's a good guy alright.....good prices and gets plenty of decent stuff in...advertises on Adverts and Done Deal also....

• Advertisement
Advertisement