Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Period after Mirena Coil removal

Options
  • 20-08-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey ladies, hoping someone else might have similar story to give some advice ect. Had my Mirena removed 7 weeks ago (after 5 and a bit years, due to missing strings and wait to see a gyne doc in the Coombe Dublin , I wanted it out after 4 years) still no period. It was a painful Removal for me after 2 failed attempts at previous appointments and if this 3rd time was unlucky we would have went down the general anaesthetic route, thankfully we didn't have to. I'm wondering if any of you had a Mirena removed and how long did it take for your period to return? I had two days of spotting a day or two after Removal but nothing else since. Am going to go see my doctor also but looking for some advice before hand. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I've never had the coil but I was on the pill for about 5 years and it took 6 months for my periods to return to normal after I came off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Anna2834

Hi OP, had the Mirena taken out quite a good few years ago, however it took ages (many months) for things to go back to normal shall we say. So don't panic. ;)

Advertisement