Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After apply Irish passport, not return Certificate of Naturalisation?

Options
  • 20-08-2019 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Please help, I have been granted Certificate of Naturalisation few years ago, then I applied Irish passport straight away. I didn't receive Certificate of Naturalisation back, is this same with everyone? Do I need this certificate in future? Thanks in Adance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,109 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Have you got your passport yet?

I'm fairly sure that your certificate of naturalisation is supposed to come back with your new passport. If you've got your new passport, but no certificate, I'd get onto them straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

xiuzhen wrote: »
    Please help, I have been granted Certificate of Naturalisation few years ago, then I applied Irish passport straight away. I didn't receive Certificate of Naturalisation back, is this same with everyone? Do I need this certificate in future? Thanks in Adance.

It should have been return to you with your new passport. In theory you do not need it again, the current passport should be ok for your next passport renewal, unless of course you don't lose it.

Since it is a "few years" since you sent it to them, it might be lost now.

Advertisement