Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortal Kombat (2021)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Liked that! Especially the 'GET OVER HERE!' and the subtle version of the theme music.. just googled.. someone has a version of it on youtube:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Question... Will cinema's here hold off on releasing these movies until we exit lockdown or are we likely to miss the theatrical run?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd say we're likely to miss it, but no doubt they will be shown again down the line. I'll watch it however I can as soon as it's available, but I'm 100% going to see it in cinema at some point if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

looks great. Trailer gives away some very exciting points.
    Cole looks VERY like sub-zero.

One thing I noticed that I seem to see is missed, where the guy who becomes scorpion is fighting the others ninja, you can actually see his frozen wife and child in the background, very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The release date has been pushed back by a week now till April 23th.

I think HBO worked out that if people signed up for just a month the day the Snyder cut got released they would have gotten the Snyder Cut, Godzilla vs Kong and Mortal Kombat all in the one month.

• Advertisement

No word on how to legally watch it over here, ie: possible to get HBO max in Ireland legally? I'd pay for 4K...

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

No word on how to legally watch it over here, ie: possible to get HBO max in Ireland legally? I'd pay for 4K...

Sky Store

Can you get stuff from the Sky Store without a subscription/already a customer? And do we know if they drop the quality?

Edit: I Googled, can rent the movies without a sub but the subject of quality is up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Can you get stuff from the Sky Store without a subscription/already a customer? And do we know if they drop the quality?

Quality is a lot better than the likes of now TV. They cap at 720p. For example the UHD version of Godzilla v Kong on sky is 2160p. Also available as 4K on Google play for €17.99 so Id say MK will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah I imagine based on WW1984 and GvK this will be available on Google Store for rent at 17.99 in 4K if you're pushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Wow. Didn't expect that. Iconic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Homelander wrote: »
    Wow. Didn't expect that. Iconic.

I mean they had to squeeze it in somewhere, even if it's just played over the end credits. Would have been uproar if they didn't.

I'll be disappointed if they don't slip this version in somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Penn wrote: »
    I mean they had to squeeze it in somewhere, even if it's just played over the end credits. Would have been uproar if they didn't.

I'll be disappointed if they don't slip this version in somewhere

That is hard to listen to.

That song was going well till the stupid bit at the end... As for kid, fair play for trying...

I am excite! I've been avoiding everything, which has been hard as WB on Facebook seem to want to spoil a lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So uh, that actually looks really good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The CGI blood ain't great but that was a legitimately good scene. Maybe maybe maybe. The video game movie curse might finally be lifted.

To be fair, the recent MK story modes are one of the few games I've just watched the cut scenes for.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I've been trying to avoid everything for this movie, I'm very excited! Anybody know where it'll be available yet? I'm guessing Google Play/Youtube and Sky Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've been trying to avoid everything for this movie, I'm very excited! Anybody know where it'll be available yet? I'm guessing Google Play/Youtube and Sky Cinema.

Its hitting hbo max first. Which we cannot get over here and judging by previous hbo max released films it will be available on the sky store but not right away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be available tomorrow in the UK on VOD through Amazon Prime so I'd have a good guess it will be the same here.
    HBO Max is not available in the UK just yet, but Mortal Kombat will be releasing as a VOD through Amazon Prime Video. The movie will cost £15.99 to rent in the UK from April 23.

I'd imagine it will also be on Google, iTunes & other VOD services.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/how-to-watch-mortal-kombat-stream-the-franchise-reboot-from-anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is there VOD on Amazon Prime here? Used to have the UK region before but now on the Irish one and can't find any VOD on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Doesn't look like we're getting it here at all, someone shared this on twitter earlier, I wonder are they holding it over for cinemas reopening in the UK and here?

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/cineworld-cinemas-mortal-kombat-warner-bros-b925674.html

Also the WB UK twitter account has absolutely no mention of it https://twitter.com/WarnerBrosUK?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

It will be available tomorrow in the UK on VOD through Amazon Prime so I'd have a good guess it will be the same here.

I'd imagine it will also be on Google, iTunes & other VOD services.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/how-to-watch-mortal-kombat-stream-the-franchise-reboot-from-anywhere

That link has now been updated to:
    "Sorry UK folks...at present there are no UK release plans confirmed or announced."
    So bizarre!

That link has now been updated to:
    "Sorry UK folks...at present there are no UK release plans confirmed or announced."
    So bizarre!

Im tempted to watch this for nostalgias sake. Saw it available today for download if you are into that 'old fashioned' way of watching stuff! So old its probably not even against boards policies anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sitting down to watch it now.. The old fashioned way..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sitting down to watch it now.. The old fashioned way..

Yar har har? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

That's some load of sh!te in fairness. I was looking forward to sitting down after work with a few snacks and watching this but now I cant and worse still theres no revised release date either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just rent it from "Xtra Vision" ;)

Plan on watching it later, can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Absolutely zero reason why this shouldn't be on Google Play to rent given GvK was.

Hungry **** must be banking on a cinema release.

Advertisement