Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid search warrant

Options
  • 15-08-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

OK I was issued a search warrant, due to someone not so nice saying I stole something from them, a generic item. I was shocked when the gardi came with the warrant and showed them each and everyone of these generic items say a hammer. The person who made the statement said he lost the item a year and a month before making a statement. This person said they could identify the said hammer with paint splashes and was certain this hammer that sat in my garden for months was his. This person does not have a receipt for the item. Nor never owned the item just believed it was his. The gardi came with a warrant and as I said I showed them the five hammers I own and said these are mine. They asked did I have a receipt for the item, which I didn't have to hand but in my other home. I've been sent a court summons to appear over the stolen hammer that supposedly wasn't reported for a year and a month later. Looking at the search warrant the spelling for the property is totally incorrect, their is the date say 12 of April 20...... No actual year. And a statement was then taken in May in regards to the thieft of the hammer even tho the search warrant was issued in April...

I'm just curious if a search warrant is signed by a judge but no date and not rubber stamped with a date. And the spelling is totally incorrect and I have a receipt for this generic item. And the accuser is lying. And decided a year after this supposed theift to report it, will this matter hold any legal bearing...

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Being summonsed for alleged theft is a serious matter. Consult a solicitor who will advise you further. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement