Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Betting margins - tote and track

• 13-08-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

So me and a few mates recently bought a greyhound to have a bit of craic with. So far it's run a few times in both Newbridge and Shelbourne.

What has amazed me, and I am no big punter, is the outrageous value offered on the races.

Recently, the on course bookmaker in Shelbourne had the dogs priced as 4/6, 5/4, 2/1, 2/1, 9/4, 5/2

The tote is so limited that a mate had 50 on our dog at 9/2 which immediately became 4/6 !!!

With all the negativity surrounding the industry, I can't imagine that owners who might want to land a bet or two would see this as an attractive proposition when an average BAGs card in the UK is to an over round of about 120%, whereas the example above is over 220%

Is this just the case at smaller meetings, or would a Fri / Sat night have more value with more punters.

Just curious!

Advertisement