Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Followed & Watched

Options
  • 13-08-2019 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My ex husband still is following me, watching my home & movements. His most recent stunt last week was being caught going through my refuse bin by a neighbour in the middle of the night.

People might say go to the guards, I have and they are powerless. Go to court.... I have and he gets away with it.

Is there anyway to be free if this pathetic spineless bully who think he can terrorise me?
    Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Milly15 wrote: »
    My ex husband still is following me, watching my home & movements. His most recent stunt last week was being caught going through my refuse bin by a neighbour in the middle of the night.

People might say go to the guards, I have and they are powerless. Go to court.... I have and he gets away with it.

Is there anyway to be free if this pathetic spineless bully who think he can terrorise me?
    Help.

Surely a barring order would be something to look into? Have you got a solicitor? They would be the best people to ask regarding something like this, if your neighbor is willing to say what they saw it should be fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Milly15

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Surely a barring order would be something to look into? Have you got a solicitor? They would be the best people to ask regarding something like this, if your neighbor is willing to say what they saw it should be fairly straight forward.

I have a solicitor, tried to get a safety order. He pulled a stunt with his solicitor and gave a promise to the court to stay away....which he’s clearly broken. My neighbour has reported this to the gardai. I’m afraid to even walk my dog at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

What the hell is he looking for in the bins? Seems bizarre behaviour

I have a solicitor, tried to get a safety order. He pulled a stunt with his solicitor and gave a promise to the court to stay away....which he’s clearly broken. My neighbour has reported this to the gardai. I’m afraid to even walk my dog at this stage.

Surely you have went to your solicitor since with your neighbour? I would be shocked if a barring order wasn't granted

Surely you have went to your solicitor since with your neighbour? I would be shocked if a barring order wasn't granted

Thank you, I have left a message for my solicitor, just in the meantime what am I supposed to do?

• Advertisement

Thank you, I have left a message for my solicitor, just in the meantime what am I supposed to do?

Do you have kids? What is your living situation? If you have family maybe go and stay with them until its sorted, If your ex is being this much of a weirdo I honestly would not risk staying in that house on your own.

Do you have kids? What is your living situation? If you have family maybe go and stay with them until its sorted, If your ex is being this much of a weirdo I honestly would not risk staying in that house on your own.

I live with my 4 children,
    My family sadly died six years ago, I have lovely neighbours who watch out for me but leaving my home is an impossibility for me. I lock up and try to be vigilant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    As already advised you should see your solicitor immediately.
    As this is a public forum that can be read by anyone I am closing it. I think that would be in your best interests,
    Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement