Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for issue and service of a DC summons?

Options
  • 10-08-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for a summons to be issued after the committed offence, motor one in my case around 20th May?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

francie81 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long does it usually take for a summons to be issued after the committed offence, motor one in my case around 20th May?

Thanks

Depending on the offence there may be a FCPN due initially rather than a summons.

Asking when a summons will be issued is like asking how long is a piece of string, there are time limits for a summons to be requested known as the "making a complaint" stage which is up to 6 months after the alleged offence, however when it is actually issued and served varies and is not subject to a time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

It’s now 6 months since the offence but no summons yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

francie81 wrote: »
    It’s now 6 months since the offence but no summons yet?

They have six months to apply for a summons from the court office. Then they can take their time serving it . You usually get it one month before the court date. Which will probably be in the new year at this stage.

Advertisement