Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bjork to play three arena November 28.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Have a 3 code is anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Is this likely to be sold out? Getting Block M on the 3 presale. Should I wait till Friday and chance better seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is this likely to be sold out? Getting Block M on the 3 presale. Should I wait till Friday and chance better seats?

Unlikely to sell out .
    Will be better seats than that released between now and the gig for sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leobay

Yes, in the pre-sale they don't put all the tickets they have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Bear in mind they are advertising it in the radio, so demand will be high on Friday.

Personally, I wouldn't risk being disappointed - maybe sign up for the MCD presale tomorrow and see what you can get then..

• Advertisement

Ben Done wrote: »
    Bear in mind they are advertising it in the radio, so demand will be high on Friday.

Personally, I wouldn't risk being disappointed - maybe sign up for the MCD presale tomorrow and see what you can get then..

Registration is now closed :(

Registration is now closed :(

I should get a code - will send it on in the morning if I do..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Will she play any of her EP sets from 2007 and 2013?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Will she play any of her EP sets from 2007 and 2013?

It's mainly her newer stuff, from Utopia.
    Very theatrical and lots of weird costumes, from what I've seen.

I should get a code - will send it on in the morning if I do..

Thanks, bit the bullet and got 2 tickets for Block C, Row 6. Total €213.30 all in. Bloody pricey!

• Advertisement

Thanks, bit the bullet and got 2 tickets for Block C, Row 6. Total €213.30 all in. Bloody pricey!

Great seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

In case anybody is buying tickets expecting a greatest hits set, well, it is as far from that as possible.

Here's all the info. Obviously don't read if you don't want spoilers.
    Cornucopia (also called Björk's Cornucopia) is the tenth concert tour and first theatrical production by Icelandic singer and songwriter Björk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornucopia_(Bj%C3%B6rk_concert_tour)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Her recent shows are up on yt folks

I’ve seen her twice before at EP

Based on what I’ve seen of her recent performances I’m passing this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭bullpost

Bit disappointed she wont be playing her more familiar stuff as I've never seen her live, but from what I saw on YT it looks like a spectacular show.

I have a playlist of the songs from the tour and will listen to that a lot so I'm ready for the show.

MCD presale live.
    No code required

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180056FE91AA1BE3?did=elaserp&camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_MCD_BJORKPRESALE_07082019&j=2943221&l=482638_HTML&u=143324467&mid=1376395&jb=0

Edit: I have flat seats, row E in my basket, expiring in 5 minutes if anyone is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leobay

Thanks, I god the MCD email as well. Row E almost central!!
    See you there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

I'd like to buy two tickets for my niece for her birthday. Not familiar with ticketmaster. If I buy them can I forward her on the tickets from my phone or can I just print off the tickets myself and give them to her? Does she need my phone for verification? Not sure how it works? :confused:

I'd like to buy two tickets for my niece for her birthday. Not familiar with ticketmaster. If I buy them can I forward her on the tickets from my phone or can I just print off the tickets myself and give them to her? Does she need my phone for verification? Not sure how it works? :confused:

When you buy them you can select to have paper tickets posted to you, or print at home - whichever of those suits you, she won't need your phone, or ID etc..

(I think there's an option for paperless tickets now, so avoid that one if you see it - you'd need the phone for those)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

When you buy them you can select to have paper tickets posted to you, or print at home - whichever of those suits you, she won't need your phone, or ID etc..

(I think there's an option for paperless tickets now, so avoid that one if you see it - you'd need the phone for those)

That's great, thanks! I'll go for the print at home ones so!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Between the artist, 3 and MCD presales, there might not be that many left for general sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I honestly thought it would sell out considering she hasn't done a show in yonks but checked there and still tickets. They've also been advertising on 8 Radio which is usually a good sign that the promoters feel it won't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Toast wrote: »
    I honestly thought it would sell out considering she hasn't done a show in yonks but checked there and still tickets. They've also been advertising on 8 Radio which is usually a good sign that the promoters feel it won't sell out.

She's still a bit leftfield for many I would have thought. And then I think the fact that it's a very different type of gig, rather than just a standard 90/120 minutes playthrough of the hits might put off people who would otherwise go to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They havent let one choose seats for the Dublin gig which is usually a sign of poor sales.

Ticket sales for Glasgow so far look atrocious .
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/bjork-cornucopia-tour-glasgow-25-11-2019/event/360056FEB8FC2790

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »
    They havent let one choose seats for the Dublin gig which is usually a sign of poor sales.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/bjork-cornucopia-tour-glasgow-25-11-2019/event/360056FEB8FC2790

Its a lot of new stuff and the ticket prices are mental. Big event whores will pay whatever for box tickers like Fleetwood Mac but shes not in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Zardoz wrote: »

Out of curiosity, I just did a search for two tickets, and a search for three tickets, and both searches select Block KK.

Wouldn't that be an indication, that tickets in the Blocks A to G have sold well, rather than it being a case, that the better tickets are being held back?

There was at least two presales, Three on Wednesday and then MCD yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

I think that all the good seats have been taken already in the pre-sale. Considering you had the artist and 3 presale on Wednesday, and then the mcd one yesterday, I would imagine that those like myself who were definitely going made sure to get as good seat as possible. I can't wait to see her, I can understand some people might be put off by the prices, but when you have waited so long to see someone like Bjork you wouldn't think about the price. I remember with black Sabbath I thought it would sell out, and it didn't, still over 70 percent, those who are Bjork fans definitely got their tickets and the more casual fans would be on the fence haven't and may not like the tickets available, and it's like many gigs some have a niche audience and others have a broader audience who have a universal demand from the casual to hardcore fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭dasdog

I must admit I'm not a huge fan, loved Debut, but I'm totally open to performance as opposed to turning up wanting a sing along and the bits I've seen of her recent output is really good. I got a near perfect aisle enough from the stage so it's not neck creaking flat seated area place to park my arse for the evening thanks to Ben Done posting the artist code. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lucyfrancine

on my birthday tooooooooo! Love her! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This isnt gonna sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Nal wrote: »
    Its a lot of new stuff and the ticket prices are mental. Big event whores will pay whatever for box tickers like Fleetwood Mac but shes not in that category.

Is everyone who likes popular music to be derided, or just those ones that you dont personally like?

Advertisement