Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Little Monsters

• 01-08-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,524 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75

Looks watchable :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭ brevity

Yea it looks really good. I fear that all the good bits might be in the trailer though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭ Slydice

Lupita Nyong'o has such a presence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 Jurgen The German

Disappointed at lack of Fred Savage. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

Slydice wrote: »
    Lupita Nyong'o has such a presence!
    Yeah, she looks great in this. Good choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,935 ✭✭✭✭ TerrorFirmer

Kinda reminds of that movie 'Cooties' with Elijah Wood. Wasn't awful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

I'm kinda surprised to see someone like Nyong'o in a film like this; I'd have thought her too big, famous and glamourous for that sort of thing lol.

Yeah it looks like it could be funny, depends on how much of the humour was in the trailer. The kid actors seem a bit rubbish, but they're so young it's to be expected I guess.

She sticks out like a giant in the trailer.

The whole time my brain is saying this is just some regular ole zombie film and then when she's doing stuff I'm paying attention as if I'm expecting the film to magically get better.

Like, is she stuck for work or something?
    Maybe she was until now.

Her imdb looks like her career is about to kick off with a good few films over this year and the next few:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2143282/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Slydice wrote: »
    She sticks out like a giant in the trailer.

The whole time my brain is saying this is just some regular ole zombie film and then when she's doing stuff I'm paying attention as if I'm expecting the film to magically get better.

Like, is she stuck for work or something?
    Maybe she was until now.

Her imdb looks like her career is about to kick off with a good few films over this year and the next few:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2143282/

It feels like one of those SNL skits, where they get the star guest and do a fake trailer. She's rocking that yellow dress, so it could just be the blatant schoolboy crush I now realise I obviously have lol :rolleyes: :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

Good for her doing something fun, and doing a role where her being coloured is of no relevance.

Red Band trailer.. GORE :eek: .. VIOLENCE :eek: .. TAYLOR SWIFT LYRICS! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ wezzopalooza

Disappointed at lack of Fred Savage. :(

Haha yes! One of my favourite childhood movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,524 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75

Not a bad movie but she really steals the entire movie.

Its on Sky Movies now.

Advertisement