Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Film Books

• 26-07-2019 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ Raven_k42

I'm in the middle of a house clear-out and I've a selection of movie and movie-related books to get rid of. My brother did Film Studies in the old College of Commerce in Rathmines. Any suggestions for a website or forum of possible interested readers ?. I hate the idea of dumping them but they're going somewhere !.
    Thanks, K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ ThePott

Adverts.ie you could try at a more local level.

Abe Books are good for second hand books normally too if they're books that are out of print, rare or expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭ Slydice

All else fails, there's the charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ mikhail

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a house clear-out and I've a selection of movie and movie-related books to get rid of. My brother did Film Studies in the old College of Commerce in Rathmines. Any suggestions for a website or forum of possible interested readers ?. I hate the idea of dumping them but they're going somewhere !.
    Thanks, K
    You could email a couple of film studies departments and ask if they have a message board you could stick a note up on. Their students (and staff) might well be interested.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Chapters have a large second-hand book area, which, IIRC, includes an academic section so they'll happily take them off your hands.

Otherwise, is there a recycling option with your rubbish collection? Nothing wrong with binning them if they're going to be recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ Garlinge

TCD collects books during the year and then have a sale of them on one weekend to raise funds for the library.

• Advertisement
Advertisement