Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defamation query?

Options
  • 24-07-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Could i get some opinions on this review please to see if this is ok to publish?

MY NIGHTMARE BUILD

I hope my story helps anyone planning to build to avoid the potential pitfalls when building.

Due to a diagnosis of motor neurone disease and with the aid of a grant I employed 'X' to build ground floor accommodation for my needs. Unfortunately the service I was promised was very different to the service I received as I made the mistake of allowing my builder to become architect, engineer, builder and project manager.

Like all jobs problems had to be overcome such as my wife running the electrician's cables for him as I did not want to see metal conduit piping outside on the stone walls of the house. But the most difficult time for me was finding it impossible to heat the rooms when finished. Oil heating, plug in rads and superser heaters together made no difference so while being assured everything was fine I was sleeping in my clothes.

A thermal imaging test showed the roof had been left open, un-insulated between the walls and the roof. I also found out the plumber, 'Y' had fitted radiators way below the recommended sizes for the rooms, 1 in fact was over 50% below.

I was let down very badly by the council as this work was meant to be checked, the paperwork was signed to say it was checked but nobody ever inspected it so I urge you please employ your own architect or engineer to over see things, I didn't and paid for it dearly. All issues have now been resolved, the latest being my wet room floor having to be ripped up 3 years later to direct a radon gas pipe outside that had been floored over.

My experience has been a very poor one of incompetence and I have never received an apology over the way I was treated. I have finally made a settlement with my builder and can move on with what life I have left but asked if I would ever employ or recommend 'X' or 'Y' again I would say absolutely not, not if I desperately needed the space(no pun intended)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: You're clearly seeking legal advice here. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement