Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

New buses for Ireland & UK being recalled from Wrights

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I read from the tapatalk site that Wrights are in debts amounting to £53 million in debt due to cash flow problems & a well known UK bus operator not paying their money for receiving their orders from Wrights. That could be a sure sign that the NTA will go to ADL in future with ordering the new AH's for BusConnects or they could go to Volvo unless the NI & British governments have a chance here to give Wrights a bail-out soon.

Well the WH Streetdeck is already out of the equation in it's present form due to it's inability to run on fully electric mode. So it is between the AH and VH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

I read from the tapatalk site that Wrights are in debts amounting to £53 million in debt due to cash flow problems & a well known UK bus operator not paying their money for receiving their orders from Wrights. That could be a sure sign that the NTA will go to ADL in future with ordering the new AH's for BusConnects or they could go to Volvo unless the NI & British governments have a chance here to give Wrights a bail-out soon.

Well they nailed themselves to Brexit so they can live or die by that. For an organisation that sold significant numbers of buses to CIE they can go do one for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The issues have only affected SG567 onwards, so any SG before that is fine. I think some new VWDs from Bus Eireann have also had to go back to Wrights.

The three WH class seem to have had issues with their brakes, hence them being taken off service. I'm sure they will be back on the road. I spotted two of the three in the shed when I was passing C/Road on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

So, what actually is the issue with the SGs then?? So far I've only seen vague references to interior ceiling height issues?

So, what actually is the issue with the SGs then?? So far I've only seen vague references to interior ceiling height issues?

I don't think anyone knows for definite unless there's any DB, BE, NTA, Irish Commercials or Wrightbus employees on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone knows for definite unless there's any DB, BE, NTA, Irish Commercials or Wrightbus employees on here

irish commercials, do they provide maintenence services for one of the operators of these busses?

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

irish commercials, do they provide maintenence services for one of the operators of these busses?

They do work for all of them.

They are the main dealer for Volvo Bus and Truck in Ireland and carry out warranty work Volvo's behalf for DB, GAI and BEs fleet and they would have been responsible for bringing the vehicles into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

thank you both for your replies

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Please note that all posts relating to Wrightbus going into administration have been moved to and should be posted in to the dedicated thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058018038

• Advertisement
Advertisement