Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan The hunt for Webb Ellis

Options
12467248

Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf


    ill be in london for the entirity of the tournament. Where is a good place to watch the games that serves daddy sodas at that hour of the day?


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n


    Again it's World Rugbys job to ensure that this doesn't happen, not the FFRs. A simple law change saying that you can't play for your club during the world cup if you turn down a call up or your club refuses to release you resolves the issue. It works in football, it can work in rugby and it would put manners on the LNR and PRL.

    In most of these cases they just announce their retirement from International right. Nobody can be forced to make themselves available to play for their country.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100


    Interesting graph here. Surprised SA have sp few rest days


  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11


    I just saw the attached on Twitter. Some teams have a 3 day turnaround - is that normal?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100


    andymx11 wrote: »
    I just saw the attached on Twitter. Some teams have a 3 day turnaround - is that normal?

    That's what I was trying to link to but forgot link!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11


    Eod100 wrote: »
    That's what I was trying to link to but forgot link!

    So I win ? :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n


    So we are the only team in our group who doesn’t. Canada, Fiji and Tonga all have it twice, that’s rough.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack


    stephen_n wrote: »
    So we are the only team in our group who doesn’t. Canada, Fiji and Tonga all have it twice, that’s rough.

    Sorry, could you explain that post please?

    What is it that we don’t have that those teams have twice?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc


    Are Australia and Tonga based on the moon or something?

    Seem to be near nothing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n


    Sorry, could you explain that post please?

    What is it that we don’t have that those teams have twice?

    3 day turnarounds for games.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11


    stephen_n wrote: »
    3 day turnarounds for games.

    Samoa, Japan and Ireland don’t have any 3 day turnarounds.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num


    SA, England, Wales.

    Hoping to trade England or Wales with Ireland come end of the day Sept 7th.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre


    Where is everyone gonna be watching the games? I’ll watch the smaller matches at home but I wouldn’t mind heading somewhere with a bit of atmosphere for the bigger games. World Cup only comes along every 4 years and my family aren’t into rugby at all so it’d probably be a bit of an anticlimax watching all the games in the house (well that and they’d be tearing their hair out). Anyone have any recommendations based on 2011 when the matches were on at similar times?


  • Subscribers Posts: 41,152 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat


    Samoa lose captain Piula Fa'asalele

    http://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/_/617998

    Will be touch and go if he's back for the RWC


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson


    NeonWolf wrote: »
    ill be in london for the entirity of the tournament. Where is a good place to watch the games that serves daddy sodas at that hour of the day?

    I watched the 2015 WC in The Walkabout in Temple and got pints in the AM. Would get a big Oz and Kiwi crowd in them pubs. There is one in Covent Garden too I think.


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,963 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    Who's singing irelands Call this year ??

    The High Kings done the 2015 version


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who's singing irelands Call this year ??

    The High Kings done the 2015 version

    And they done good eh bro...


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who's singing irelands Call this year ??

    The High Kings done the 2015 version

    You'd know it's the off season... ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who's singing irelands Call this year ??

    The High Kings done the 2015 version
    Can we not change it to Nkosi Sikelel'iAfrika


  • Subscribers Posts: 41,152 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat


    Te'o, Mike brown, dombrandt and Ben Spencer cut from the England squad


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1


    sydthebeat wrote: »
    Te'o, Mike brown, dombrandt and Ben Spencer cut from the England squad

    If Ben had stayed here, anyone think he could have got to go to Japan with us?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭ClanofLams


    kuang1 wrote: »
    If Ben had stayed here, anyone think he could have got to go to Japan with us?

    No. I’m surprised it took England so long to drop him, he isn’t an international standard centre.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black


    ClanofLams wrote: »
    No. I’m surprised it took England so long to drop him, he isn’t an international standard centre.

    I haven't really rated Te'o since he left Leinster, where he was making some decent ground with his offloading game, however, there's obviously something the coaches see in him to warrant the number of England caps he's picked up since he joined, as well as 2 test appearances for the Lions under Gatland.


  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11


    If Australia beat NZ this weekend then Wales take the number 1 ranking in the world..

    They need to beat or draw with England to keep it but I don’t see how this happened - it’s feeling like we were hammering away for a year with good results and couldn’t take the top spot :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100


    andymx11 wrote: »
    If Australia beat NZ this weekend then Wales take the number 1 ranking in the world..

    They need to beat or draw with England to keep it but I don’t see how this happened - it’s feeling like we were hammering away for a year with good results and couldn’t take the top spot :(

    Would be fairly unlikely Australia will beat NZ though


  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11


    Eod100 wrote: »
    Would be fairly unlikely Australia will beat NZ though

    I know but still...


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    McGrath
    Herring
    Porter
    Dev
    Kleyn
    Rhys
    TOD
    Jordi Murphy
    Luke
    Carbery
    Conway
    Farrell
    Ringrose
    D Kearney
    Larmour

    Have at ye


  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭redmca2


    kuang1 wrote: »
    If Ben had stayed here, anyone think he could have got to go to Japan with us?

    I never saw anything special in Teo when he was with Leinster. Not in the same league as Henshaw or Ringland


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    redmca2 wrote: »
    I never saw anything special in Teo when he was with Leinster. Not in the same league as Henshaw or Ringland


    He was the standout player in leinster's poorest year under MOC. He constantly made linebreaks and created tries. Literally the only good thing I can remember from that year.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof


    redmca2 wrote: »
    I never saw anything special in Teo when he was with Leinster. Not in the same league as Henshaw or Ringland

    Teo does have the edge age-wise tho ;)


Advertisement