Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Galway Film Fleadh

• 13-07-2019 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭ smurf492

So no thread on this so what are people's thoughts so far? What have you gone too?? Good or bad?? Experience overall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭ smurf492

Saw the opening film, sing me back home, a French, English language film which wasn't for me. Also saw The Brink featuring ex Trump advisor Steve Bannon... A great watch.. Barfly with Micky Rourke.. An oldie but a goodie.. And a near full audience for a film from 1987!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭ bodhrandude

Saw Finky last Thursday which I loved, a film mainly in Gaeilge set in Glasgow about a puppeteer and musician who falls out with his band and tour boss, escaping with some money over to Scotland. He has an car accident and is paralysed and on a wheelchair, he finds redemption with an anarchic circus and carnival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭ JohnFalstaff

I always try and make it down for part of the Fleadh but was only there for the weekend this year. On Saturday I caught Best Before Death - terrific documentary about Bill Drummond's artistic pursuits, hilarious and uplifting - and A Bump Along the Way - an enjoyable enough and sweet light comedy, but a bit cliched and predictable for my tastes. I saw 'The Farewell' on Sunday which was wonderful - moving and playful.

I would have liked to have seen Finky but couldn't make it down in time. I heard a few people mention it over the weekend and the trailer looks good. Did they say at the screening if it will it be getting a cinema release?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭ bodhrandude

I don't think so, a lot of the talk beforehand was in Gaeilge, but hopefully it does get a general release.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement