Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Seatbelt fitting

• 12-07-2019 6:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭ Mr.David

I recently bought a 1972 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Super, actually I bought it mistakenly but that is another story!

Will post some photos at some stage but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a place to get rear seatbelts fitted? Ideally in Dublin. I have two kids and it limits my use of the car considerably not being able to put car seats in the back.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭ macplaxton

If both kids are over 3 years old, no seat belts legally required to worn if no anchorages fitted.

That's what I do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭ Mr.David

Thanks.

One is turning 3, the other is only a few months old. TBH i would prefer to fit seatbelts regardless of the legalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ gfwd

I bit the bullet and ended up fitting the rear belts myself in my 68 Triumph. The mounting points were all there so it was just a case of taking the seats out and bolting them in. There was, admittedly, a few swear words filling the air at times but I got there.

I don't know of anyone here who'll fit them for you.

Advertisement