Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking an UK organisation to court

Options
  • 04-07-2019 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Can I use a solicitor in Ireland or is it best to source one in the uk

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The answer depends on all of the circumstances of the case, including the type of wrong you're alleging, the value of the claim, the kind of company involved, and whether or not the case will be over and paid up (whichever way it goes) before Brexit.

I'm afraid you'd be best asking a solicitor this question. If you are concerned that a solicitor here will take on your case knowing you would be better off engaging a UK solicitor, just bear in mind that the solicitor will in most cases be banking on your case being successful and your solicitor's fees getting paid by the other side. This disincentivises dishonestly taking on business that would be better off elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

The answer depends on all of the circumstances of the case, including the type of wrong you're alleging, the value of the claim, the kind of company involved, and whether or not the case will be over and paid up (whichever way it goes) before Brexit.

I'm afraid you'd be best asking a solicitor this question. If you are concerned that a solicitor here will take on your case knowing you would be better off engaging a UK solicitor, just bear in mind that the solicitor will in most cases be banking on your case being successful and your solicitor's fees getting paid by the other side. This disincentivises dishonestly taking on business that would be better off elsewhere.

Thanks. I didn't know legally if they could. Too be honest they have now held their hands up and admitted wrong doing I'm looking for the money I have lost back.

Advertisement