Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bankruptcy Query

Options
  • 29-06-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Form 19 Notice of Adjudication in respect of High Court Bankruptcy application states in the First Paragraph that the bankrupt of ...... adjudged bankrupt in the main proceeding .... secondary proceeding... tertiary proceeding etc and wondering are these deleted by the applicant on the form or left for the court to delete.

This is a first application to be made bankrupt and should in my view be the main proceedings with the rest deleted.

The Link is on the ISI Website and open form 19 if you want to view what I mean in the Form 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You posted the same query in the Accountancy forum. Is this a DIY bankruptcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BUDDYHOLLY1234

Sorry meant to just post this in the Legal Forum. It a query on self adjudication for a friend of mine who is in his 60s is all. It is in no way seeking legal advice just wondering the understanding of the form and what to delete and what to have the court delete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Sorry meant to just post this in the Legal Forum. It a query on self adjudication for a friend of mine who is in his 60s is all. It is in no way seeking legal advice just wondering the understanding of the form and what to delete and what to have the court delete

He will have to see a personal insolvency practitioner at some stage, as they need to certify that he is suitable for bankruptcy and not some other insolvency arrangement.

Contact the IMHO.

Everything is sorted and he is ready to file the Documents with the Examiner of the High Court. He has a letter off a PIP as a Debt Settlement Arrangement wasnt suitable and all documentation ready for submission except Form 19 and this is the last query on this. I am unsure as to whether IMHO would be of assistance when there is no issue with a mortgage. Its mainly revenue debt he said and a few non secured creditors.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Excuse my lack of understanding here but are these things not legal aided? Why the need to go it alone without proper professional advice?

• Advertisement

They are very much not legally aided and my friend's business went to the wall and he simply has not got the money to pay legal fees. The option for self adjudication is there for this reason. He is struggling financially big time and he asked me to put up a post on this for some help with understanding a simple specific query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The legal aid board won't fund anything to do with debt issues.

Hi

You are right they are not part of Legal Aid. My friend was quoted a fee of €3,000 Plus Vat to help him fill out the forms even after the same PIP had full advised hi regarding all his options and when the DSA was viable and after taking initial fees for the DSA wanted this on top. Three Thousand Doesnt seem much but if you dont have it and no one willing to help him out because of the financial pickle he is in therein lies the reasoning for him doing it himself. but

I had helped him with the initial amount simply am not in a position to further assist him financially

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I had the impression that there was a legal aid scheme for this. I even recall seeing a recent change to the amounts payable to solicitor and counsel. I will talk to some colleagues and see what I can find out.

Advertisement