Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Severe thunderstorm risk for south then central Leinster, east Munster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Can see dark skies off to the West but haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Rain, thunder rumbles and some lightening in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Gone all quiet in Waterford county also !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well that was short lived and rather disappointing, a few rumbles of thunder and a few decent flashes of lightening, and its moved north, rain wasn't even heavy either

County Meath.

Have you seen the live radar at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

nexstorm.png

A lull here since just before 7am, odd flash and bang in South Laois. Looking at the maps, it seems round two is gathering over South Kilkenny and round three is gathering offshore around Youghal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Larbre34 wrote: »

Im looking at it yeah, the showers we got have passed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Larbre34 wrote: »

met ie shows it all very clearly... you can watch the progress minute by minute

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Is there going to be thunder and lighting all day in that band of rain or will it die out as it moves north?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Another photo looking south, zoom in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

Well that was short lived and rather disappointing, a few rumbles of thunder and a few decent flashes of lightening, and its moved north, rain wasn't even heavy either

County Meath.

Exactly the same here in north Kildare. So far, it's been like a typical Irish thunderstorm but for me there has been very little precipitation so I might be just unlucky so far. It's lightening up to to my east but darkening to my west and south. Fingers crossed the next batch to my south brings some decent amounts of lightning so I can see stunning lightening of the sky :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sweet jebus. A clap of thunder woke me up at 7, then I look at maps..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Waterford City is quiet and the sun came out briefly. Looks like the band has gone in a North North West direction. Maybe some more activity later but looks like that’s it for now.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Looks to be losing its punch at the moment. Recent strikes are in reverse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM showing the train of thunderstorms to keep going in the SE / E until about 14.00 and then the last of it moving across the Irish sea. It shows that this is only getting going. Plenty of activity later in the morning and showing heavy rain in the prediction charts in the E.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ECM showing the train of thunderstorms to keep going in the SE / E until about 14.00 and then the last of it moving across the Irish sea. It shows that this is only getting going. Plenty of activity later in the morning and showing heavy rain in the prediction charts in the E.

A lot of energy available. Disappointing for Dub so far but it could still spark. Quite an event inland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

How likely is cork city gonna be hit??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

Fingers crossed that is the case as it's been a bit of a damp squid in North Kildare so far. On the other hand, I'm heading into the parade in Dublin today so showers would not be welcome.

Could've done with a couple of hours more sleep!!!

Fork lightning in South Laois again

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

A few low rumbles here in Cork city now.

The infrared satellite tends to disagree with that at the moment anyway, a single plume now tailing off from the south and activity free skies right down the Celtic Sea to Biscay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Lots of distant approaching thunder but as soon as it came near only saw 1 flash and nothing since.
    Glad plenty got to see something before it moves away

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    How likely is cork city gonna be hit??

Not very at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Cork Lass wrote:
    A few low rumbles here in Cork city now.

Is that your stomach maybe? It's a peaceful morning in cork city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Looks like a bust for anywhere in Cork now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭KildareP

Could see lots of forked lightning off over Kilcock and Edenderry directions with very low rumbling thunder and one or two pretty close (North Kildare, between Clane and Derrinturn) flashes with loud crashes earlier but gone pretty quiet since about 7.

However its been getting darker rather than brighter the last hour and reckon could be in line for a direct hit of what is coming up from Kilkenny in the next hour if its going to follow Met.ie's rainfall forecast!

Edit: literally hit post and the sky just lit up! Round 2 here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

seefin wrote: »
    Is that your stomach maybe? It's a peaceful morning in cork city

There was some to the east of the city, heard it while out with the dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I'm hearing Low rumbles of thunder in cork city

Advertisement